Death by herbing was a bold design choice

That… Sounds incredibly stupid.

3 Likes

lol, it IS! But, it’s also fun now thinking back on my first few stupid deaths, dying to the surprise, unable to understand wtf was killing me.

Decay plants are the literal worst. It’s like 10k-20k dmg per second. You die almost immediately if you don’t know what you are doing.

Me thinks: another nerf to bots, on top of Dragonriding. Blizzard realized they couldn’t beat bot developers through detection, so they just changed the game mechanics instead.

11 Likes

Most of your health bar in far damage.

That’s pretty great. :dracthyr_hehe_animated: I haven’t done herbs yet.

Because it’s so tough to add a HoT to the script. >.>;

Once Pathfinder releases, all of their effort goes up in smoke anyway.

a HoT will not save you from decay. It kills you in 5-6 seconds unless you jump. You have to do several things to stay alive, and it’s hard for a bot to figure them all out. So, if you set the script to do ALL the things… then it slows down the bot considerably anyway.

3 Likes

Wow. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

EDIT: I am not a botter, but these extra requirements are making me dread any kind of gathering profession.

4 Likes

In sov- in azeroth the herbs pick you!

15 Likes

We had deadly herbs in BC. I missed it. I love these herbs so much! I get stummed by frost, thrown off cliffs… it’s hilarious and EPIC! :smiley:

10 Likes

It’s honestly funny when I think back on it. I’m rolling here remembering all my struggles early farming.

Yep!

You get it.

Yeah, a repair bill for daring to try and gather. Very, uh… Well, it’s not good

5 Likes

… bahahahaha I forgot I had Flap and I am Balance! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

It’s pretty hilarious. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

7 Likes

Sure it is! Be smart about it, unlike me! Apparently I forgot I have Flap and Goblin Gliders! :grin:

And yes, it is awesome and epic and fun as hell!

9 Likes

I dunno about that. If I have to pre-buff and sight-check for every single gather, that’s going to get tedious as hell.

6 Likes

It works out because at the beginning, when you are more likely to die and lose the 20-40 gold from repair and the time running to corpse, the herbs sell for 1000 gold. So, it’s totally worth it. Once you know what you are doing and no longer lose gold in repairs, the herbs sell for less.

1 Like

I jump into the nearest water source.

In what world do herbs gather for 1K?! How many do you need for that? Because if the herb can instant-kill you, I don’t want to roll the dice that many times.

Pfft.

#YOLO!

Casting Levi on myself before picking a windswept herb is the most enjoyable 30 secs of my life. Always wanted my character to be a pinball.

7 Likes

A single writhebark was 1k gold on Tuesday. I just made 500k with light farming since release.