Dear Rogue Dev

Please bring back Legion’s Death-from-Above sub m+/Legion sub all together. Legion Nighthold sub rogue in general is the most fun ive had playing the game, ever. The stealth + shuriken legendary build was so fun in m+ and the single targ rotation felt very smooth and methodical; both a satisfying land logical rotation, very rewarding.

I would love to see Death from above make a comeback - funnel damage seems to be in for meta m+.

Kind Regards,

A Rogue enjoyer.

4 Likes

not likely they will ever bring back shuriken combo, it was removed after zul citing future fight design reason.
Same with dreadlords legendary effect.

Also secret technique is kinda the dfa replacement currently. Even if Dfa makes a comeback, what made it fun back then was that you could activate dance right when your “landing” hits to snap empower the evicerate, since you would otherwise lose 1 gcd during the airtime. It did alot of damage, and this unintended interaction solved the issue of its long animation wasting subs biggest damage buff time, and made it super satisfying use the ability. This “bug” I remember was fixed in Bfa when Dfa was moved to pvp talent, it wont have the same flow as it did in legion.

They removed funneling as it did trivialize encounters.

We were also told we are moving forward as a class which is good but taking lessons from the past and including it in a way as inspiration for design.

I dig what we have now as there are a lot of flexible talents and customization and would rather not return to dance being up frequently and instead return to core abilities being more impactful instead. The dev team did a great job for a dynamic and customizable kit that is up to the rogue in how they want to build.

I dig generators, I like stabbing people, places, and things and doing things out of dance until my next big go. I appreciate things like lingering and gloomblade getting love and the reworked perforated veins + Rotten and an impactful shadowblades that is an actual cd now to compliment the things I dig instead of “1 way and that’s it based around artifacts / legendaries and effects / SL conduit sillyness or azerite traits. The devs did a solid job making choices and playstyles.

Dfa aint coming back as people nagged about flying through floors and so secret technique became a solution without flying through stuff (as cool as dfa would be but its prob very unlikely to ever return as a big deal).

1 Like

There is a rogue Dev?

3 Likes

Its funny for me because when legion came out most people hated it from the reactions on here. Now people long for legion.

Is the past always better? Or do we just hate change

1 Like

Yup, the past is better, just not Legion, Legion was trash and Sub was at its lowest point.

Bring back Cataclysm / MoP Sub.

2 Likes

I tend to agree but I’m also trying not to ignore the trend lol.

Legion actually made me ragequit, missed out on a lot of nice mogs :frowning:

And yet here I am, playing the continued iterations on legion garbage.

1 Like

DFA was actually introduced in WoD. It was more popular in Legion in PVE for Sub when Sub in Legion was reworked to be less brain dead.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

Well, any rogue who played Sub in pve at a decent level before Legion has to agree, Cataclysm and MoP were the golden age of Subtlety.

But the spec was too hard to play for most, so i guess there’s not too many…

You missed the mogs during Legion but you can get them all pretty easily now at least.

Sub is a brain dead spec since Legion.

2 Likes

not the pvp colours which are the ones I like :l

1 Like

I think you can buy them in Dalaran (the Legion version obviously) with some marks of honor.
But maybe not the elite sets, i can’t really check at the moment, and if you want those sets and can’t buy them because they’re locked then yes it’s a shame, they really should make them available.

1 Like

I can confirm you can’t buy the elite sets, only if you played & achieved 2k during the season. It irks me as I played to like 1997 (you get like 10-20 points per win) without realizing I was under, since my team was higher MMR, so I thought I had safely earned the gear before quitting. lol.

So i’ve got the elite from season 2 but for season 3 I ragequit the game for the first time over class design for all of my characters just being miserable, and I really lament not sticking it out for that one more game to get the red & black slayer recolour that elite pvp came with.

I was an alpha tester for legion so I was already mad at the expansion. I had complained all the way until launch, so I skipped launch. I think I only made it back for a few weeks at the end of S2 and the beginning of S3. lol.

1 Like

It’s highly unlikely but maybe they’ll make them available at some point ?

Yeah, it’s pretty much the same but from the beta for me.

But Blizzard doesn’t care about feedbacks, alphas and betas don’t exist to fix things up before they make it to live, they’re only available as a preview of what we’ll have in a couple months, kinda like a showroom.

The only feedbacks Blizzard might listen to are those about bugs, and even with those feedbacks, you can only hope that they’ll fix it in the next 5 years…

1 Like

I’d prefer if they didn’t. It’s my fault for not playing more. Things being exclusive & Time restricted is a hallmark of pvp rewards. It’s about competing against other players after all. If those same opponents aren’t available it’s not the same competition.

Yeah, I got a few blue replies on the alpha feedback forums & they were all bugs & questions about pruned features. (HD vs Classic graphics toggle for example.) but class design & play? Not unless it’s related to a specific boss lol.

1 Like

I’m a bit conflicted about this, i wish they were available because there’s a lot of nice sets but i understand because in the same way you feel about elite pvp sets, i don’t want my mounts, sets (the challenge mode sets) or titles to be made available now or later…

I lost all hope in Blizzard, i haven’t seriously played my rogue since MoP / WoD because it’s too boring to play and i don’t think i’ll ever play it again at a decent level for that reason…

2 Likes

Cant take anyone that wants DfA back seriously. Secret technique is literally its replacement and is better in every way.

1 Like

People want DfA back because it’s sooooo cool, your character leaps into the air and then dive on your target ! So stylish ! And it’s sooooo skilled too, you had to press ShD when you land before the empowered Eviscerate.

Someday they’ll understand that the rogue doesn’t need something flashy, that you don’t have to be a genius to press ShD before the Eviscerate and that Secret Technique does the same thing but without the part in the air…

The only “good” thing about DfA was that you could move with it if your target was too far… But it’s not like we really need that as rogues atm.

1 Like

DFA is better than secret technique because it has a mini CC immunity to it.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

It could rarely be better in pvp, if the opponent randomly used a cc during DfA while preventing you to act for a short time (even if they shortened that window at some point if i remember correctly), which is bad in both pvp and pve.
Which might explain why DfA is now a pvp talent.

So is it really better ?

1 Like

it has niche cool uses because the animation also ignores los. For example you can teleport to a MW that transcendence behind a pillar. Ive done it before unintentionally.

In the past Dfa was used in pve because the evicerate damage bonus was 50%. It actually did damage. Secret technique now has its own tuning, it doesnt benefit from evicerate related modifiers. The neat thing about DFA in legion was that any weapon artifact passives that benefited evicerate also indirectly benefited DFA.

1 Like