Dear New Players

I returned to BFA late in the xpac but I still had fun. The people complaining are the elitists who put every detail under a microscope and complain about every little thing they can think of. The overall gaming experience has been a pleasure and I’ve had very little to complain about.

99% of the crap people complain about, the average player doesn’t even notice. So unless someone’s a “pro”, nobody really cares. Seems traditional that the only people to complain are those who are affected by class/spec balance rotations and they just wanna whine about changes to their characters. The rest just want to complain because a boss or game mechanic is to hard for them to handle.

Personally, I set up all my macro’s in the PTR then just saved em to Sticky notes for quick implementation post patch. /shrug. Ez Pz

100% sincere. Have fun!

1 Like

omg gcd wtf

SOunds like a great idea

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m actually a pretty casual players, I stopped doing heroic 25 raid after MOP and I never did a single mythic+ since it was introduce in Legion, what I meant is every single expansion, the class get broken and they feel weird to play, they are slow and almost unfun to play since they also remove a lot of stuff from the game.

Example from Legion they completely got rid of the artifact weapon which felt good to play with along with the Legion legendaries, it took BFA three whole patches from 8.0 to 8.3 to finally get that Legion feeling back and now everything is gone again in Shadowland, how long it will take until the classes feels good again? 9.2? 9.3?

You started playing late in BFA when most issues were fixes and the game finally felt good again.

This is true with every expansion homie. I main Holy Priest. I miss MoP healing, and for that matter I miss WotLK healing. Things change. They take things away, they re-implement, they modify and so on. That’s why the term “nerf” was coined, because they have classes and spec’s on rotation for balance and it’s just a really crappy marry-go-round to give each their turn at satisfaction.

You just have to survive and adapt, which is part of the RPG challenge. Which in turn makes the game enjoyable. How lame would it be to only have to “learn” how to play once? Pffft, sounds lame.

I don’t mind having to relearn things, or change my rotations/macros and skills. Gives me something to do, it’s what I pay for, something to do. I’ve played Holy through it’s good, and it’s bad times. I don’t change spec just because it’s not doing as good as it used too, I just learn to adapt. Same reason I don’t just /delete my Priest and roll a druid because everyone thinks they’re the bees knee’s.

Additionally. I’ve played both my favorite classes on the PTR, Hpriest and PPally and I’ve enjoyed the experience. I even enjoyed my hunter, mage, and rogue experiences as well; and that’s PTR lol. You just gotta adapt man, don’t let the small stuff play such a critical role in your gaming experience. Just learn to adapt to whatever’s hindering you.

1 Like

I wish someone would have posted something like this on the last expansion… I thought my hubby knew what all happened at pre patch boy was I wrong. He totally stopped playing because of all the changes in the ah and everything else it was a disaster and a half.

Yup, the same ones that will arrogantly berate people for not knowing the dungeons on day 1.

1 Like

This is now a political thread

are you serious 0_o man that sucks! I’m sorry to hear that!

Man those people are tools. They’re the same people that just assume everyone spent their every waking moment in Alpha/Beta, and treat everyone like trash. Hands down the most annoying players in the base.

2 Likes

20 toons +

Well said.

20 years huh? That’s probably why you don’t have the achievements they require…

Its convenient how you forget that last prepatch broke literally 80% of the game. A friend of mine even wanted to try wow, and after seeing 8.0 BFA prepatch, the next day he was back to FFXIV. There is a difference between " complain for the sake of it" and “being so genuinely broken that the game is literally unplayable and is bound to annoy or frustrate you because everything you could do just fine the week before is broken as hell”. And the “hotfix/patch will happen” is not a excuse for poor quality control, big bugs that makes the game unplayable shouldn’t happen period. Prioritize those and then they can patch smaller ones after patch release.

In case you genuinely forgot, here’s what happened previous prepatch:
*Older raid bosses 1shotting 110 players.
*Ditto for current raids, with tanks getting wrecked by sargeras dogs on LFR as well as gul’dan in nighthold.
*Broken dungeon mechanics with 3M hp shields.
*Broken quests.
*Broken leveling, either quests did not work, mobs were overpowered and could hit as far as 5 digits value or they took forever to die.
*Extremely poorly done squish, balance druids at low levels were doing 0 damage with some spells(moonfire being the most notable example).
*glitched visuals.Some transmog even got their apperances changed by mistake.

And thats just the tip of the Iceberg. The fact it took 10 days for some of the bigger ones to be fixed is just insulting.

It’s convenient you forgot about the plague… yet, here we… still… are :wink:

1 Like

My point is, dismissing criticism as “complain, dont listen to it” is just ignorant. I get it, some complain is overblown or has no actual basis, but when game is genuinely broken on so many levels, not even the new players can find joy when a mob of same level as them can instantly kill them with nothing they can do about it.

When your game is in such a poor state that new players give up on it less than a day later, There is literally zero excuse you can give.

So let’s doom a pre-patch, before it’s launch, because of the past. The pre-patch and expansion release experience has been nearly identical each and every time. The OP stands.

It gets released. People complain. Blizzard eventually fixes it. We continue to pay our subscription fees while elitists continue to complain simply to do so =). See you in Shadowlands :wink:

No new players to wow are your dreaming or just kidding.

I wrote 20+. The requirements have nothing to do with playing the game when it first came out anyway.

Why don’t you do some homework before giving an ignorant response. Not only does it make you look like a douche but foolish as well.

Except thats not true at all. We had WoD prepatch with weird item bugs, some rough edges on squish and all, all perfectly expected, and even Wotlk prepatch had some weird stuff going on. Despite that, citing WoD prepatch, for as glitchy it was, it was nowhere as broken as 8.0. Its HARD to give the benefit of the doubt when bugs were reported MONTHS ago on beta but were ignored until release. My point still stands, big bugs should be fixed before hitting live then work on smaller bugs post-release.

There is a DIFFERENCE between “Its broken, but i can do something else until its fixed at least and can check prepatch stuff as well” and “WTF IS THIS EVEN, WHAT IM SUPPOSED TO DO IF EVERYTHING IS BROKEN, FFS”.

1 Like

That’s kind of my point… This game is about to turn 16 years old. (Nov 2004, unless you did Beta with us). Granted, there is plenty of lore from the books, first being in 2001 (still not 20+), but there is the original Warcraft game that also shares some lore, launched a wonderfully decent 26 years ago (funnily enough Nov '94).

My point was if you couldn’t be bothered to even know when the game came out, maybe you shouldn’t guide anyone.