Dear New Players

Hi there, and welcome to World of Warcraft.

I just wanted to take a moment, on behalf of a large silent majority to inform you on what’s about to happen tomorrow.

Tomorrow, the Shadowlands “Pre-patch” is going to drop. Our games will update automatically and many changes will be implemented both minor and major to your game, and game-play. You can read the changes via patch notes upon it’s release (or any number of articles/posts/topics on the matter).

Following the release of this pre-patch, you’re going to hear a LOT of complaining.

You’re going to hear about how broken the game is, how horrible it is that they released the pre-patch, and how aweful Shadowlands is going to be and that the pre-patch is proof.

You’re going to hear people complain about literally EVERY single class in the game, and the changes made to them.

You’re going to hear some praise about character creation/modification upgrades, and a lot of talk about the new starter zone.

Do not be discouraged or turned off by all the nay sayers that didn’t get their way and choose to complain.

There are always some things that need hot fixed, or patched within a period of time after a major patch update like this; and more so after the release of a new expansion. Things that didn’t get done in time (developers are bound by deadlines and there comes a point where they just have to push content out to make their subscribers happy) which results in some post-release fixing. It’s typically short lived and major conflicts are usually (USUALLY) promptly fixed.

I haven’t participated in the forums a whole lot, but from what I’ve gathered, it’s not much different than /2 Trade chat in that it’s absolutely chocked full of “pro” gamers and chief indians with no tribe to lead. You can’t take these people seriously.

The hardcore fans of WoW, and I do not mean “the 1% elitists”, just the long time subscribers, most of us just know how it goes. Don’t get all caught up in the “hype” of it all because some people are uncontrollably emotional.

Tomorrow is a HUGE day, and a great accomplishment for Blizzard! Take the good, deal with the bad, and come to your own conclusions.

May just be wasting my time here, but felt it was necessary to add a little light to the darkness of the forum that seems to consistently poison the community.

Have fun tomorrow!

174 Likes

RUN AWAY FROM THIS GAME AS FAST AS YOU CAN DO NOT SAY YOU HAVENT BEEN WARNED!

10char

29 Likes

Hug Shamans!

10 Likes

Yeah these forums are a cesspool sometimes. I’m glad some of us will at least try and have fun.

21 Likes

Fun? Them’s fightin’ words around these parts.

14 Likes

I’ll be mostly offline when the patch cometh

I’m sorry! Please don’t flag me!

2 Likes

I cant wait to see how perfect, and not broken and buggy things are.

Nothing got past all those diligent beta testers who treat beta like a beta test and not a free sneak preview!

:roll_eyes:

8 Likes

No promises. Few and far between are the people I’ve let walk away unscathed after they dropped an F bomb.

1 Like

Dear new players,

If you find Mankrits wife you win the game.

14 Likes

here’s to hopin! I’d love to see a flawless release!

1 Like

I got the goblins working overtime making the popcorn for tomorrow. The forums will supply the salt.

6 Likes

Dear New Players.

Ignore Old Players.

5 Likes

Everyone is going to try to have fun . Just some of us have been able to see what is coming once max level hits and even we all hope all turns out good.

No one is complaining because they hate the game. Most of us enjoy it and want it to be better .

2 Likes

Also, things that ran fine for a decade will suddenly not work.

5 Likes

Should I get the guys ready for the air drops

1 Like

Most definitely. They may be running all day lol!!

Good thing I have Homeschooling to pass the time until things are ready. First thing I will be doing once I get in the game, hit up the barbershop and recustomize all my characters.

I have visions of half naked Taurens running around with flowers swaying in their hair.

3 Likes
4 Likes

lol I forgot about that one xP. Thanks for sharing, needed the laugh lol

1 Like