Dear New Players

They are making some changes, based mostly on the conception of veteran players of what new players are and what they want or need.

It wasn’t that long ago a new player started a thread saying how confusing he was finding the game. He got a response from a blue saying that they didn’t think there was anything confusing about the game.

We keep hearing “It’s for the new players!” as the excuse for changes made to the game, as in “New players won’t join because they are demanding level scaling!”. Or “New players won’t join because leveling is too easy, they want really hard content!” which is the opposite of what true new players can handle. So where are all those new players who were going to join after level scaling? There never were any.

Maybe the new zone will help. Or maybe it’s just part of the master plan for some reason we haven’t been told. In any case, if you care about the racial identity of your characters, kiss that goodbye. New players will experience none of that. So I guess they’ll be more willing to drop their main and reroll when hard nerfs hit. And reroll again and again.

1 Like

Well said and accurate.

Dear new players

Run before Blizzard get you! RUN!

1 Like

Pretty random.

2 Likes

This is now a political thread.

2 Likes

As long as this forum has me, it will always have light.

Mekkatorque 20…something! He’s literally ROBOCOP!

Sarcasm detected. Sarcasm approved.

1 Like

Blizz has so massively scope creeped the systems to the point now where we really don’t know what to tell new people and any old content was long ago unless we are constantly running alts we have to often do what we tell them to do and that is google it.

1 Like

Got my popcorn and drink on the standby.

:popcorn: :tumbler_glass:

There won’t be any new players until the end of 2021. After the virtual Blizzcon. That is when they will announce that World of Warcraft: Shadowlands will be released on the new Xbox and Playstation consoles.

1 Like

Shadowlands will suck

Embrace entropy

1 Like

I think the biggest change will be SSD drives…

I mean they claim they are not “required” but they are highly recommended and you can probably guess how many of us with gaming systems that never required them before ran to purchase one? I have many other games that run and perform flawlessly So why would I do this just for Wow?

new players in wow
lol

2 Likes

Won’t be playing tomorrow, probably no one will be lol. Login queues will make a return for a day or two.

God i loved the days big cities forced you to pause and lag every second.

Nice belly, but I think every day after tonight is gonna be horrible.

populated server problems. Also, I’m not counting on server maintenance being done on time. It’d be a nice surprise if it does, but I’m not gonna expect it.

LOL yup, the very tradition of every prelaunch! It wouldn’t be WoW without it. :grin:

1 Like

I feel like by the time the new players find about the forums, they are not new players anymore.

Took me 2 years to become basically addicted to the silent hole of despair and complaints that are the forums.