Dear New Players

SOme one needs to make a popcorn air drop meme vid using the chopper scene from Apocalypse Now with the Ride of the Valkyries playing.

4 Likes

New players dont read these forums

New players create a character, level to about level 22, realize they cant play with friends then quit.

6 Likes

I mean Blizzard do ruin their game every single expansion and then fix stuff until its finally playable and more fun at patch X.3 and then it repeat itself in a endless cycle since WOD.

1 Like

You’ll be lucky if you can log in tomorrow.

Let’s just hope tomorrow doesn’t end like the video lol!!

Yeah, we look ready. I got a bunch more re-enforcements coming in.

1 Like

Ok so between you , the Cookie Loa and me we have snacks covered now we just need volunteers for drinks and since this is GD I’m thinking the harder the better.

1 Like

And with all the salt that could happen, we will definitely need drinks.

1 Like

big tip for new players. learn strafing and keybinding early on. i started as a clicker as a kid and waited too long to swap, just try to do it out of the gates and save yourself the few days of headache it takes to train yourself to not do things like you used to

1 Like

and mouse over macros too!

1 Like

The idea that it is unreasonable to expect the game to be playable is not something you’re going to convince new players of. Sorry but your mission will fail, OP. They’re not stupid.

They’re also not reading this forum and waiting for someone to tell them what to think. They will know if the game is playable no matter what people are saying. And since they will have no time invested in the game, if they can’t play they’ll just call it a good try or a bad buy and quit.

2 Likes

also good. i have mouseovers on all my shamans stuff, thats somthing i didnt elaborate much on to my new mage friend

You really think there is new players?

3 Likes

Considering I’m an individual that tends to find online communities and forums after having recently purchased a new game; yes, yes I do believe there’s new players. Because it’s just common sense.

I haven’t seen a new player in years. I wouldn’t call it common sense.

Also, sub rates have been declining for years.

2 Likes

You called it. 100% agree with you.

Wish there was a way to exile the haters to their own forum. I get tired of the 24/7 bile.

2 Likes

100% muh man. Just gotta disregard and move on lol.

3 Likes

There are new players. But just as it was during retail, most new players never reach max level. They find the game confusing, way too much information that they are unable to assimilate into usefulness, and nowhere to look basic things up to help them. Most of the players they ask for help don’t know what to tell them or give them wrong information based on their own experiences long ago.

3 Likes

That’s true with any subscription based MMORPG. But as should be obvious with Shadowlands, that’s something Blizzard is valiantly attempting to address. I played through the new starting zone in PTR and really enjoyed it. Confident I could send any of my newbie rpg friends through it and they’d leave with enough knowledge to get a MUCH better start than previous starting zones.

Someone get this dude some water, he thirsty lol

1 Like

Honestly, it’s going to be HILARIOUS to see what no-corruption PvP looks like. Thankfully, I’ve kept mine to a minimum so I shouldn’t be too affected though I will miss Bob The Randomly Proccing Laser Tentacle of Doom.

But too many people have been relyimg heavily on Corruption for devastating effect. And now that the crutch is gone…get out those :fries:because you’ll need something to do with all that delicious salt!

1 Like