Dear boulders of Black Rook Hold

I hated you back then, I hate you even more now.

The mythic plus powers you possess to delete my healing characters, particularly my priest, even with all my damage shields up - is utter nonsense. I hate your stupid existence. How are you even around when there’s not even A QUARRY or stockpile of your numbers at the top of the castle to explain your loathsome presence? You’re worse than the Dawn of the Infinites orb gauntlet with your STUPID winding staircases to block my line of sight of you.

I make my tanks deal with your horrors and call down the all clear. Today, you managed to smash me before I even touched the staircase, which is another pile of utter kodo dung. Your kill box should not viably extend 3 feet past the bottom stair. Particularly when a girl is just trying to sneak a drink to fill the time. You’re a bunch of garbage. Please go away.

Sincerely,
All my healing classes

43 Likes

If you don’t have like, 250ms + latency, it’s not that hard to dodge it…

6 Likes

lol i clear the rocks like 90% of the time.

Can only make it through Rise lasers like 10% of the time.

Guess we’re opposites.

5 Likes

For whatever reason my dodge game just never works well on the staircase, unless I’m playing my druid or shaman w/ faster travel forms. Even then I’m at like 40% success rate. And I know I’m not the only one, the amount of folks I’ve rezzed off that staircase far outmatches the times I’ve died.

I think it’s more difficult on priest because dps scoop up my zoom feathers I pre-place exactly when I need them. Not that they’re to blame, they need the speed boost too.

4 Likes

The bag of holding has many secrets. blame the ones rolling it down the steps, they were pulling em out of their inventory :smirk:

2 Likes

12 Likes

I am awful at dodging the rocks

I usually wait at the bottom for the all-clear, then rush up the stairs.

11 Likes

i swear there is something different about the boulders in mythic+. i never had an issue even getting hit by them when this dungeon was current. now i die nearly every time. :rofl:

6 Likes

That bag of holding needs a serious nerf. Those boulders are RUDE.

4 Likes

are the boulders getting damage buffed by key lvl?

4 Likes

It seems that way. I was getting 1/3rd of my health knocked off until m+ 7 now at 10 & 11 it’s instant kill. And that’s with power word shield and pain suppression up.

I hadn’t even meant to cast pain suppression, but my doggo bonked my arm and since it was already cast - I figured I’d try the stairs. Nope. Ded.

2 Likes

Because everything that can deal damage in a m+ dungeon scales to the key level.
I very much enjoy watching rocks delete dps players who are in a hurry to get to the top of the stairs so they can pull for me.

4 Likes

imo, environmental damage shouldnt be scaling. it becomes a 1 shot mechanic due to a lag spike. although… if you think about it, getting steamrolled by a 2 Ton boulder would prob 1 shot you should you take one to the face.

6 Likes

I dont get it. It’s so easy to dodge them lol. I think I died once and it was when I had to hide to res another player. you just go left or right!

1 Like

Most definitely realistic in the murderface capabilities, that is for sure. It feels like everything in Blackrook is honestly streaming in a bit faster than I remember it though. Like the boulders come down faster, more bats on the second gauntlet pile up faster, and the purple ick on the ground that makes you run in a circle for the final boss is instantly arriving without enough warning to get out of it - DBM is calling it out and it’s already melted my face a few times.

2 Likes

Strafing is hard for some people I guess.

1 Like

I laughed.

Then, I cried.

I really don’t know how these demons do it. Boulders that big, on a castle, down those narrow staircases… Do they summon the little balls of agony through portals? Not even from the nether. Straight from hell, I’m sure.

3 Likes

It’s not the strafing, it’s the narrow visual field because of the curves that seem to do me in. If the camera angle was just a tad more open I think I’d be fine.

10 Likes

/flex

It quite easy if you know how they go.

1 Like

Is there a pattern? Because I’ve watched it a number of times and have not seen any concrete or predictable rhythm to adhere to. But if there was like a 1-3-3-2-1 pattern, I’d have conquered this dilemma.

2 Likes