DC every 30 seconds on Retail

I’ve cleared my cache, I’ve ran the repair tool, and I’ve uninstalled all my addons, but I continue to DC roughly every thirty seconds. What could be the cause of this? I’m attempting to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that will fix the issue but what could be the problem if that doesn’t fix it?

2 Likes

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out with these details. We’ll want to have you run a ‘WinMTR’ network test while the problem occurs in-game to see potential network-related issues between your computer and the game server. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the WinMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the game for at least 15 minutes. Make sure that a disconnect occurs while the WinMTR test is running.
  4. After recording data for about 5 minutes, click Stop then click “export text” and save the WinMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Hey! Sorry for the delayed response I’ve been a little busy IRL. Hope this is everything you’ll need :slight_smile:

Something else I noticed is that my M+ screen looks like this during the times where I’m crashing. https://imgur.com/a/qBsP3Mu It seems as if its having issues with loading something from the games servers properly, causing the constant disconnecting.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                             SAC2V1K.lan -    1 |  219 |  218 |    0 |    4 |   27 |    4 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   45 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|lag-59-0.ckvltn4501w-dtr1.netops.charter.com -    1 |  219 |  218 |    0 |   19 |  109 |   14 |

|   lag-33.crr01mnchtn.netops.charter.com -    1 |  219 |  218 |    0 |   18 |  110 |   27 |

| lag-20.rcr01mnchtnem.netops.charter.com -    1 |  219 |  218 |    0 |   19 |   76 |   17 |

| lag-10.rcr01sghlgaao.netops.charter.com -    1 |  219 |  218 |    0 |   31 |  133 |   32 |

|  lag-810.bbr01atlnga.netops.charter.com -    1 |  219 |  218 |    0 |   35 |   98 |   38 |

|  lag-803.prr02atlnga.netops.charter.com -    1 |  218 |  217 |    0 |   35 |  201 |   32 |

|        096-034-150-101.biz.spectrum.com -    1 |  219 |  218 |    0 |   38 |  102 |   42 |

|              ae1-br01-eqat2.as57976.net -    1 |  218 |  217 |    0 |   57 |  114 |   50 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   45 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|         et-0-0-1-pe01-eqch2.as57976.net -    1 |  219 |  218 |    0 |   55 |  129 |   53 |

|                           24.105.62.129 -    1 |  218 |  217 |    0 |   55 |  128 |   53 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

You have packet loss instantly on the first hops and your ping just gets worse and worse from there.

110% either your ISP or small chance its your Router / Modem / Network Adaptor.

If that was the case then my wife would be having the same issue, and shes on the same connection as me. It’s just me having the issue, which makes me doubt its either of this issues.

1 Like

Not an isolated issue. I am disconnecting every few seconds for the past hour or so. It isn’t on my end.

4 Likes

She’s actually not. Unless she’s playing on your computer, she has a different network card, drivers, etc. If hers works, then that definitely isolates it down to your connection to your router, as the other poster stated.

1 Like

I’ve been playing this for the past 7 months without a single issue. No bugs, no lag, no lockups, no disconnects. It’s part of the reason I’ve continued playing.

But, since some time yesterday from what I remember I have been d/c’d over and over. Just out of the blue. It’s not my ISP. It’s not drivers nor my computer. Something weird is going on.

1 Like

Start your own thread and post a winmtr.

Happening to several others as well as myself.
Ever since the launcher update.

2 Likes

There are next to zero posts here in the last few weeks regarding DC’s compared to the millions of people playing.

1. Download WinMTR https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000027780
  2. Unzip the file to your desktop
  3. Run the WinMTR as Admin
  4. Type in your WoW Servers IP Address in “host”.
  5. Click “Start” and open the game. Let the MTR test run for at least 10 minutes to capture this issue occurring.
  6. Click “Copy text to clipboard”
  7. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
    ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

So you can actually blame Blizzard and not your ISP or some node along the path.

I have seen many complaints in trade chat, guild chat, the multiple discords I am in, and my bnet friends.
These forums represent a small portion of the community.
My ISP is perfectly fine, rarely if ever disconnects, and is very stable.

2 Likes

And again how can you blame Blizzard when it could easily be a data center along your route thats bad for a whole state or larger.

Can’t help with anything if you refuse to even provide proof of the issue which takes just a few clicks with the steps above.

PS I can show you 4 threads this week stating what you just stated and WinMTR proved it was indeed their ISP / hardware that was the issue.

I’ve been getting disconnected randomly since yesterday. I’ll be playing without an issue for a few hours and then suddenly I’m disconnecting every 30 seconds or so.

I have a feeling this is on Blizz’s side considering many other people are experiencing this.

The best way to prove what you believe to be the case is to run the WinMTR and post it .

Its especially weird, and makes me think its something on Blizzs end rather than my own ISP, because it only happens while I am playing WoW. FF14, EQ, ESO, and GW2 I can log in and play with no disconnects just fine but the moment I boot WoW up I have at least 4 crashes before I actually get to play regularly.

2 Likes

Other games take a different path because they are in a different location.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.