Daytime toy added [Attn: Oceanic players]

Yes, that appears to be the pattern for the entire game though. A few complain and nvm about the people who were originally happy with things.

Because people who are happy don’t come here yelling “THE GAME IS GOOD!”, we just, you know, enjoy it.

Blizzard I’m begging you, please lower the cooldown of this toy.

Would still like a fix for this. Playing during the night is incredibly depressing and frustrating. Lowering the cooldown would provide a good band-aid fix.

When Oceanic servers were in the Los Angeles data centre, we had our own day/night times, but could still group with other “US” servers for world bosses etc. The time of day would literally accelerate from day to night or vice-versa when you joined one. This isn’t just do-able, it was quite literally done for years.

The block on Oceanic grouping with US was nothing to do with time zones. It was because of the introduction of CRZ, and people working out a way to exploit the fishing contest.

Yes, let that sink in. The fishing contest (old content) and CRZ (despised by almost everyone) were jointly responsible for Oceanic being isolated from the world from 5.1 onwards. That sure made world bosses fun!

I believe the argument Blizz uses these days is that it’s “too hard” to let Oceanic servers run on their own time zone (we get the damn calendar in Los Angeles time too) which probably is all to do with “sharding”.

So yeah, this toy should be a) cheap and b) not on a 24-hour cooldown, since it’s the only “fix” that Oceanic players will ever be getting.

4 Likes
1 Like

Things like this toy have convinced me that there is a “Jerk” division that every good idea gets filtered through to find ways to make an otherwise wonderful idea into yet another annoyance. Remove the cooldown and stop being obnoxious.

4 Likes

We just want a time specific server.

2 Likes

well they already live upside down so what’s a little darkness. :upside_down_face: :smirk:

1 Like

I was excited to hear about this, but truthfully i much prefer night time in game so i sort of envy those who got to play at night all the time, even though it was not an enviable position in their eyes.

I was even more excited when i randomly got the nightscale toy to drop without being aware of its existence and i use it all the time. One hour cd, two hour duration on it.

That is the way the daytime toy should be too.

Why wouldn’t it be?
Would make no sense to have them on different cds and timers.

If its not this way now, i do hope they will look to make these consistent.

Either way, my vote goes to more stuff like this! There is still morning and dusk, which have unique sky boxes too in the new zones especially.

Then weather! Id love a snowy one, especially with the weather 2.0 snow we got with bfa.

4 Likes

I have said before its a fantasy game, there is nothing at all stopping the “Cycles” being shorter! they can just cycle the day night faster so it doesn’t matter where you are, I can understand people being happy with something to change it, I don’t understand why you’d be happy to have this as a solution for us Aussies, don’t like the dark? Buy a toy

1 Like

I’d like this question answered as well. Why a full day cooldown on something with only a 2 hour use? Why not a 2 hour cooldown? It’s not like this is a game-critical item. I get you can buy the sands individually but you have to travel all the way to the Caverns of Time and then have enough TW currency to buy them, and even they don’t last that long.

I’d like to see some rethink on this item by the developers. It would harm nothing to improve it. Don’t get me wrong, I love having it - I just wish a little more thought had been done on how it works.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

this is not a solution. No cutting corners.

I didn’t think I cared about Night time for the majority of the time I’m online, as an Oceanic player, until this

I have Astigmatism, and the Daylit landscape is so much easier for me to see.

I love night AND day, yet for us, it’s always night. The Toy doesn’t last long enough, and the CD is too long.

It would be so wonderful to be able to play during Daylight times in the game I pay for.

7 Likes

This is compounded by the fact that if you die, whether it’s a minute in or an hour into the buff, it is totally removed and does not persist through death, meaning that you have to wait a whole 24 hours before using it again.

So I would like to suggest: 1) either a shortened or entirely removed CD - 2 hours might be reasonable; and 2) have the buff persist through death like some potions can.

If Blizzard refuse to grant OCE players a proper skybox - something we’ve been asking for since 2016 (almost 3 years) - then at least give us a proper working toy that doesn’t contain a ridiculous CD and can help us to enjoy the game in daytime.

I would also like to thank all those from US time zones for helping us to garner more attention to this issue. Sadly, we are a minority and largely ignored by Blizzard, so it’s great to see others rallying to our cause.

9 Likes

Oh, you mean the “Corrupt-a-Wish” division?

Any feature, taking at least 3 years worth of players begging, gets assigned to the aforementioned team.

1 Like

The day/night display cycle should have had an opt-out from the very beginning as many wanted.

The cooldown on that toy is a joke. Just
 why? What’s the point of a CD that long? Forcing people to waste badges?

1 Like

How would that work? You just choose your skybox of preference?

I do think there is certain charm of keeping the day night cycle tied to the irl one instead of a more fantasy-common idea of like 4 hour days.

I for one love playing at night, but i never get to because night in this game doesn’t really set in until much later than it might irl, likely compounded upon by my realm being historically west coast.

So i am basically in the exact opposite position as those from aus.

These items seem like the perfect solution. I dont think simply allowing the player to control the cycle is wise though.

It really is a big part of the immersion of the world.

The only real problem here is that, for some unknown reason, aus realms still work on us time zones.

Perhaps its because of something technical?

Why give it a cooldown at all? Inky Blackness Potion has zero cooldown, and I firmly believe that anything like it should just have no cooldown.

5 Likes