Daytime toy added [Attn: Oceanic players]

I agree, I play mostly at night and would welcome seeing daylight. Right now I have to use my puffer fish

Would it be so hard to just make the day night cycle region specific? Like just let us poor OCE buggers have daylight during the actual day.

5 Likes

Please donā€™t remove the Day/night cyclesā€¦ itā€™s the best thing everā€¦ Makes the game more cooler.

Specially nazjatar and mechagon I noticed the place looks entirely different in the night.

1 Like

Who said anything about removing it. We just want it to match the timezone for the realm we are in. Currently when its midday in the oceanic realms its midnight in game.

7 Likes

Why canā€™t it just cycle day night over something like 4 hours or something like that? Gives some variation - better yet. Make it an odd number like 5 so that if you always play at the same time of day it will be different day/night in game due to the shift from odd number of hours to real time clock

6 Likes

This is all good and well, and i am so thankful to blizz for adding this, but the cooldown needs to be removed.

I donā€™t play at the same time every day and sometimes more than 2 hours, please this affects no one but the user and a 24 hour cooldown is pointless.

6 Likes

This is more for OCE players who have their day/nights flipped and have had to play as if they were vampires for years. Glad they finally took care of that, all they gotta do is get a butt-ton of those consumables and theyā€™re all set ^.^

I was so excited til I saw that stupid 24 hr CD. Get the toy AND loads of pots, I guessā€¦

1 Like

I have no interest in this because I prefer the Nighttime, thus I use tons of Inky Blacksā€¦

But standing up for my non-vampire brothers and sisters. That 24 hour cooldown is just silly Blizz. Come on. This feels like a toy should only be a 2 hour cooldown so that it can always be up. I really want to know their reasoning for a 24 hour cooldown.

2 Likes

thereā€™s quite of bit of art work in making the nights. The players wonā€™t appreciate the night time art if thereā€™s no night time.

Maybe this is the reason why

While this toy is certainly a step in the right direction for the OCE community, there are two major problems with this: (1) 24 hour cooldown seems too long for a 2 hour buff. It would be more reasonable to make this a 2 hour CD; (2) the buff doesnā€™t persist through death and thereā€™s no way to reapply it - I learned this 10 minutes into my buff and was very disappointed by the result, especially since I had to wait a whole 24 hours to re-apply it. The second point wouldnā€™t be much of an issue if it was potion based. Another suggestion would be to make this an existing buff until cancelled (ie. remove the buff duration), negating the importance of a 24 hour CD.

Please fix this Blizzard, as an OCE player I cannot stress how irritating it is to always play this game on night settings. If you refuse to give us back our old time settings, make this a more viable option. The cost of the obtaining the buff seems overly ridiculous for wanting something as basic as sunlight in-game (something, by the way, that isnā€™t even an issue for most US players). Itā€™s a fix weā€™ve been asking for the last 3 years - this just needs to be tidied up a bit more and it would be a very welcome sight for a lot of players.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s brutally expensive compared to the inky black potion to make it night.
Edit: and the cd is nuts, too.

7 Likes

This, just had this happen.

What. A. Joke.

24 hour cooldown and it doesnā€™t even persist through death?!

6 Likes

To be fair, OCE players have ā€œappreaciatedā€ it day in day out for the last 3 or 4 years straight with no respite.

Yay for the night art team, donā€™t need or want to see it anymore, or ever again. Had a gutful of playing in the night now.

5 Likes

OCE players have had nothing but night for years, weā€™d like a chance to appreciate the day time artwork without having to be up at 2am

5 Likes

Throwing my support behind making this like the inky black potion!
This is desperately neededā€¦ especially recently (but forever) I have been missing out playing the new content in daylight >.<

Please give us moar daylight!

I play at night (US, EST) almost exclusively, so Iā€™m going to wear out this toy like thereā€™s no tomorrow. The dark and depressing world is only made more shocking when I do get to log-in during the day and see what ā€œdaytimeā€ actually looks like in game.

BUTā€¦ what is the point of giving this toy a 24hr cooldown, not to mention losing the buff upon death? This isnā€™t a costume; nobody else is affected by it in anyway. It just makes it nicer for those of us who donā€™t live anywhere near the Pacific time zone or play at odd hours like myself.

Please reconsider removing the CD completely, especially if the buff can be lost upon death. Something that lasts an hour and can be re-cast at anytime would be awesome.

6 Likes

We oceanic players did have that once upon a time. But we donā€™t matter anymore.

Pretty sure some of you complained about not being able to group up with NA players for world bosses.

some of us, now the rest of us are suffering for those snowflakes :smiley: