Day Night Cycle Thread Capped

But to the point, yeah it’s completely possible that it may never be fixed, I dunno Blizzard have never said but it’s something I came to accept years ago.

We are two separate people, Narull.

Why did I say this?

Yesterday I came back from a shopping trip, sun shining, beautiful day…logged into WOW to see pitch black night and stars. It was a crashing feeling that made me look outside to reassure myself it was still daytime.

In a lot of the flight threads we see this “immersion” being thrown around…look I get all of what you said and I do accept it…It also be lying if I said I didnt notice it or that it didnt matter…it does.

Its depressing, mate.

It is.

In any other game we have a full cycle and believe me, in ultra? I can stand on a cliff face over the Boston city outskirts and watch the sun rise…the graphics are beautiful and striking.

I stood on the roof of Mass Fusion, end even wrecked as it is, the sounds of gunfire and the view of a shattered city, it was still magnificent.

sigh

This is one of the reasons why I hate this expansion. I really don’t want to level or do anything in a place that is dark and depressing. I wish there was always sunshine so at least it would feel pleasant. Sadly I haven’t seen any of the BFA zones in the daytime because of this stupid day/night cycle.

5 Likes

This seems to be getting worse.
imgur. com/gallery/UqUP5fb (remove the space because apparently I can’t link in this new forum setup??)

Here is a screenshot of me being logged into my 2 accounts in the same zone at the same time.

It’s terrible. One is extremely dark with the night cycle, the other is showing the invasion skybox.

And thats the problem with gamers and why this game is suffering and games in general. You just accept it for what it is without doing anything about it.

You know its an issue, you know it affects gameplay but you will just accept it and not do a thing and let the problem get worse.

Are you afraid of losing your green text if you kick the hornets nest too much?

4 Likes

Theres little that can be done.

As Narull said earlier, they changed it and now its hard coded and cant be changed back.

What upsets me is that we had bad lag, substandard gameplay, then we got our own servers, then the night day cycle was changed and we again have substandard gameplay.

I just want to ask…did ANYONE at Blizzard speak up to say “It makes no sense to tie an Oceanic server to California time?” Really, how would people like it it if you went to some city as a tourists and were only allowed to see the city at night?

We have new zones coming and what will we see

Dark.

Total night. All the time.

Its depressing and its annoying and it takes away from the enjoyment of the game. This should be a priority.

We deserve better than this.

3 Likes

What a load of crap! Its Blizzards code, they can make all the changes they want to it and make it work.

They used to tell us that there was no way they could make Classic servers and now look at whats happening. I bet 15 years ago the idea of CRZ would have seemed impossible.

The only thing stopping Blizzard from fixing this is Activision and their cost cutting it would seem. Im sure if Blizzard could find a way to sell day/ night swaps on the store this would be a priority issue for them.

What a load of crap! Its Blizzards code, they can make all the changes they want to it and make it work.

It isnt that simple. Trust me, I know. Used to beta and alpha test, these things are more complicated than you might think.

I bet 15 years ago the idea of CRZ would have seemed impossible.

WOW wasnt here 15 years ago and back then CRZ was unheard of for the simple reason the tech…and MMO’s, were in their infancy.

The only thing stopping Blizzard from fixing this is Activision and their cost cutting it would seem. Im sure if Blizzard could find a way to sell day / night swaps on the store this would be a priority issue for them.

You can believe that all you like, wont make it true.

Did I say it was simple? I said it was possible.

Yeah ok then 14 years ago. Its same thing and you damn well knew what I was getting at… however WoW was in development more than 14 years ago so yeah while retail it wasnt here, its been around a lot longer so my original point still holds true.

And you can pretend like Activision hasnt influenced the current state of Blizzard all you want but at the end of the day, they have and you just need to look at Blizzards current state of affairs to know that.

I’ve given up anyway.

My sub is up soon , F76 as well as other games look very promising. Maybe we will hear something, maybe we wont.

All we can do is wait.

2 Likes

Youre joking right? F76 has got to be one of the worst if not the worst game of 2018

1 Like

Youre joking right? F76 has got to be one of the worst if not the worst game of 2018strong text

Depends on who you talk to.

Oxhorn likes it as do others.

Do we know when the changeover occurs?

When i play at night (NZ) on frosty its night in the game, but when i play during the day on the week its day in the game

1 Like

Time in Sydney

14 : 29 Tuesday 27 / 11 / 2018 ( GMT + 11 )

Time in California

19 : 29 Monday, 26 / 11 / 2018 ( GMT - 8 )

Ahh i see so its far worse for aussie than us. New zones definitely look better during the day.

I wonder if its possible to build an addon that could change up the night brightness etc, i guess this has already been investigated though?

1 Like

09:00 AM AEST (daylightsavings) and the sun in Kul Tiras is at its zenith.

I’ve never seen the new zones during “daytime”. The fact they used to be synced properly proves that Blizzard can fix it, but they are just too damn lazy to.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t even care if there was people walking around with torches during the day. Having played all though Legion and BFA in the dark, it’s just depressing.

Can there please be an option to invert the Skybox and ambient music, that’s all that’s required. Unless there’s a mod that can do this.

Having all OCE Prime time kept in the dark about this, literally, is frustrating.

2 Likes

I see it’s an issue that bothers some people, I don’t see how it changes gameplay in anyway (well 2 pets), but I also know a lot of people don’t care or like it being dark (I’m one of those dark lovers), but I still respond and try and do things for those who do care because they do care.

I couldn’t give a damn if I lost my green text, for years I did exactly what I do now without green text, I’ve ‘kicked the hornet nest’ a few times, Blizzard know it and I don’t agree with everything they have done but personally I see things like how bad Azurite armor is as 1000x more important than a skybox fix for some players.

Thinking it’s Activision holding it back is amusing though, like literally dev time is limited, that’s what holds anything back, throwing money at the devs doesn’t change anything nor would hiring and training more devs, they gotta fix/develop more important things first, that’s just good business.

And yes the code was changed long ago so it can’t be reverted is what Aehl was referencing, not that the new code can’t be changed but it’s not a simple rollback issue, it’s a ground up change that would be needed to be done.

(Also lol @ Aehl saying F76 is good, horrible horrible game, abysmal what they did to the Fallout series, but again each to their own! =P <3 Aehl)

(Also lol @ Aehl saying F76 is good, horrible horrible game, abysmal what they did to the Fallout series, but again each to their own! =P <3 Aehl)

Maybe. Maybe not. I will pick it up and see.

I don’t see how it changes gameplay in anyway.

Id include links to images that show you the massive difference in how the place looks during the day vs night but this new forum system WONT LET ME.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/8wqduk/summer_nights_in_boralus_i_cant_wait_to_spend_the/

Outside Boralus it is even darker.

What I want, Narull, is the same quality of gameplay that everyone else gets. I want to see these zones in something else than pitch black. And yes that IS a gameplay issue.

A lot of people are fed up with this.

4 Likes

You say Fallout 76 is “bad”, maybe it is, but when I play Fallout 76 I wont be doing so in the dark all the time. I get all of what you are saying, Narull, but to us, to me and to others, this is a QoL issue and quite frankly, needs to be fixed.

I’ll add this and ask you to think on it. Is this what we can expect in new zones and new expacs? you say azerite armour is important, it is, but then again, getting our own night and day system is just as important because BOTH issues affect enjoyment of the game equally.