Dragonflight OCE day/night cycle

Will dragonflight follow the day/night cycle of the normal Azeroth world for oceanic players? Ie always be playing in nighttime during our timezone?

2 Likes

Blizz show any ounce of care for Oce players, nah.

3 Likes

Why fix something thats been happening for 18 years. Besides we aussies arent real remember. We are a simulation

Mate be quiet or the technician’s will unplug our fun receptors again.

1 Like

We have been begging for years for Blizz to do something about the broken day night cycle and its been met with deafening silence and one throw away line that basically equated to “we could but that would mean that you would see things like guards with torches during the day”

and yet they implement a toy with a 24 HOUR COOLDOWN that lets you flip night to day for two hours.

It is literally a switch they could flip on their end but they refuse to do so because as has been made abundantly clear Blizz does not care about any of its players let alone those of us on OCE realms.

But you can damn well guarantee that if something like happened on a US server that even slightly inconvenienced them, Blizz would be right on it.

Kind of like how the US players go mental on the rare occasion they get put on a OCE server and god forbid they have a slightly high latency for a single dungeon run. So Blizz made sure that the rare occurence of that happening is even rarer now.

OCE servers have been plagued with myriad of minor grievances that have been left ignored.

Just look at the fact that the last blue post in the OCE general discussion that was actually an employee adressing something and not just a automated update was Nov 18 and that was literally a nothing post

Blizz has repeatedly shown its disdain for us down here, why would you even think that they would give us this one QOL change

I wish the game had an accelerated day/night cycle, that and dynamic weather and seasons :wink:

The easiest fix they could do is so simple it could probably be rolled out as a hotfix patch.

That is, add a checkbox in the UI settings that makes your day-night cycle follow local time instead of server time. Boom, majority of the problem is fixed. As someone who lives in PST and plays on an EST server I’d appreciate this too.

If they wanted to get fancy they could offer an “invert cycle” checkbox too for night shift folks.

This would be the most ideal option.

There is literally no reason why it is 1:1 with the real world and changing would not make the game worse for anyone but would improve it for a lot of people.
The game has some amazing designs at both night and day and huge amount of people miss out on it.

Drustvar is an amazing zone during the day, its weirdly creepy in daylight but do you think we in OCE get to experience it? Very rarely.

1:1 day night cycle is so dumb and one of the many things that FFXIV does better than WoW currently

1 Like

FFXIV changes too quickly IMO.

I think six hours of day and six hours of night would be perfect.

1 Like

Actual trolling

This game does not have a day night cycle

How could I have not noticed this in over a decade

I’m now questioning everything I ever thought I knew

1 Like

Youre not wrong. 70 mins is too short. I think it should be 3:3. So no matter what time you play you will get to experience both day and night for a decent amount of time

1 Like

I actually prefer the night period and I play in the US. Been that way since I had to sneak on to play like 15 years ago while trying not to wake up the family. And continued since with doing daily content until 2-3 AM. Sort of miss the earlier reset times we had before legion, would do all my stuff before 3AM pacific and then again after it.

OMG it’s only 70 min in FF14?! I never noticed, but it makes sense. You can see the sun setting really quickly in Eorzea lol.

They need to just make accessibility options:

• Day/Night Cycle
  • Permanent Daytime
  • Permanent Nighttime
  • Permanent Deep Night
  • Darker Nights Cycle

Having these stupid toys when there should just be a freaking checkbox option is getting ridiculous.

3 Likes

One of the reasons it’s quick in XIV cause there are timed gathering nodes for the gatherer jobs that are tied to the in-game time of day.

Oce day and night cycle in WoW is forever scuffed. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s so low on the priorities list (if it’s on it at all) that it might as well not be there.

Fun fact. The OCE time cycle used to follow OCE times but NA players complained of the jarring lighting change whenever they joined an OCE shard. So blizz changed it. Blizz will never change it back because blizz sees NA > OCE.

1 Like

Is the dragonflight the same or similar to Dragonborde in D&D ???

Dragonborn look very much like dragons standing erect in humanoid form, though they lack wings or a tail. The first dragonborn had scales of vibrant hues matching the colors of their dragon kin, but generations of interbreeding have created a more uniform appearance. Their small, fine scales are usually brass or bronze in color, sometimes ranging to scarlet, rust, gold, or copper-green. They are tall and strongly built, often standing close to 6½ feet tall and weighing 300 pounds or more. Their hands and feet are strong, talonlike claws with three fingers and a thumb on each hand.

The blood of a particular type of dragon runs very strong through some dragonborn clans. These dragonborn often boast scales that more closely match those of their dragon ancestor—bright red, green, blue, or white, lustrous black, or gleaming metallic gold, silver, brass, copper, or bronze.