Day Night Cycle Thread Capped

Do your job.
Communicate.

Sigh…

I’ve been on about the day/night cycle since Blizzard shifted everything to Pacific time. I mean, what’s the point of day/night cycle if you never get to see it?

I’m East Coast. I re-rolled on an East Coast Server specifically so the day/night cycle would mirror mine. Now, I am BACK on a central server through the recent server clusters, which I never wanted.

I am pretty sure it would be some heavy lifting on Blizzard’s part, but the day/night cycle should be driven by the client, not the server. Let me set the cycle to my needs. Let RPers be able to sync their cycle. And for phasing, just let your own client drive your view.

If Blizzard can’t, or won’t do that then, for all they were thrilled with getting day/night to sync with the real world, I think it’s time for Blizzard to speed up the cycle so we all get a chance to see the world both in daytime and night time.

2 Likes

I don’t understand. This isn’t a problem on wotlk classic servers and wasn’t a problem when I used to play years ago, why now?

Happened to jump on at a ridiculously early AM time early this week and it was during the day cycle - everything was so bright and the zones looked completely different vs the usual haze of the night cycle. Felt like a completely different game. Mostly made me annoyed that this is still an issue.

2 Likes

Yup!

I believe it has something to do with cross server game play so when you go to an NA realm it doesn’t suddenly change to night etc… Though I wouldn’t care personally if it did that and it might be more integrate than that.

Their reasoning was that Americans would join OCE servers in groups, and suddenly it would change to night for them. This was deemed “Too confusing” for them, and OCE was put on the same day/night cycle as US.

American stupidity ruins a good thing once more.

2 Likes

Finally saw Valdrakken in daylight (used the stupid jar toy). Holy hell it looks so good. Shame that until now I have only seen it at night, looking all gloomy and depressing.

Hello almost five years ago and still #nochanges

nah, it should just be fictitional time.

Like 3 real hours day, then 2 hours night, and cycle just keep cycling

This post is still on the front page of OCE forums after several years and yet still no fix. It works in classic but not retail. /incompetent

1 Like

Hmm. Idk if they have changed anything but when I play of a night after work it isn’t completely dark. Kind of just looks like dawn is breaking.

Ive said it before and i’ll say it again.
Being OCE and playing in constant darkness IS NOT FUN. It is really depressing.

Easiest fix that affects NO ONE ELSE, is make jar of sunwarmed sand a 24 hour buff, persist through death and not have a cooldown.

There is NO reason to not implement this as this perma darkness is really affecting us in OCE.

3 Likes

This can’t be real. Where did you read this?

https://twitter.com/Blizzard_ANZ/status/781713959778979840?s=20

Less-so “too confusing” and more-so “too weird”. Something, something, we can’t infringe on the precious NA experience in any way shape or form

1 Like

We all must come to the realisation that the false American gods that have been peddled to us are just that: False. They are fallible, their egos are easy prey for the keen blade of treachery.

Throw off the shackles of American Worship and join us. Join us within the night. Like the Forsaken, we are forced to hide in shadows in a world that is out to stop us from basking in the warmth of the sun. But a new dawn is coming my friend. We both shall stand upon the precipice as we usher it in, no longer will we be forced to beg for the light of day. We will cast our own shadows upon this world, and decide for ourselves our destiny.

P.S. I think the dark is making me crazy. Blizz pls fix.

Just give us a toy with no cooldown, EZ PZ

1 Like

The fact one exists and it’s locked behind an event and on a cool down is so frustrating.

It’s such a basic thing.

Still something worth fixing Blizz. I’ll take Sun Warmed Sand having no CD or persisting through death at this rate.
Just… Something, some kind of communication about it. Please. Even an official “No, deal with it”

1 Like

5 and a half years bud :frowning:

Turns out the game looks way better during the day. Too bad I never get to see that because when it’s actual daylight hours in game I am sleeping… on the oceanic servers… made for oceanic players… living in oceanic timezones…