Dawnweave and Duskweave has almost disappeared from the loot table

Over the last few days there are many reports about Dawnweave and Duskweave cloth either not dropping or dropping in extremely low quantities. I can’t see anything in the bug reports section so thought I would repost it for visibility. If you open the tailoring window and view the specialization “From Dawn Until Dusk” the second row unlocks dropping this cloth however there is now a display bug in the text which was not there before. This seems to indicate that the buff has stopped applying to your character. The “Dawnweave Tailoring” specialization now reads as per below. I’ve bolded the display issue that is now present.

Unravel thread imbued with Dawn’s light in your tailoring, gaining +1 +Skill Crafting Skill per point in this specialization when making and using Dawnweave.

Can you please fix this for tailors so that we can continue farming cloth again?

23 Likes

Just today I realized I hadn’t gotten a single dawnweave or duskweave drop all day, and I have killed a couple hundred humanoids today, and gotten quite a bit of normal cloth drops.

5 Likes

Also happening to my tailors, one i have deeply specialized into textile treasures and still from hours of farming i get 3 duskweave and then thats it, like come on fix this.

2 Likes

At this point, I have gotten almost every cloth drop I have seen from treasure chests, mining and wax farming on every alt except my tailors. I have seen a total of 2 duskweave drop since early access. So, I am starting to ask myself “other than void-crazed Arathi, are there any actual humanoids in this expansion?”

While pondering this, other questions soon followed: Are nerubians humanoids? Are kobyss humanoids? Do kobyss have any use for cloth? Do kobolds do anything other than play with ear wax?

I have seen several posts bemoaning the abysmal drop rate of cloth in TWW content. But I am certain that Blizzard isn’t listening, they’re too busy trying to turn WOW into an Esport.

3 Likes

Same issue! All the same talents into cloth drops and maxed quality/chance, but no dawnweave or duskweave drops. Regular weaver cloth drops seem unaffected.

It’s very drastic change seemingly overnight. Hope there is a fix with weekly Mx.

Blizzard,

For days people have been struggling with this and not a single post from any blue or acknowledgement that something is out of balance here, I farmed for hours on many toons, all tailors, my main tailoring alt farmer setup to farm cloth cannot get duskweave for the life of her, she’s 30 points into Quality Fabric > Quality Fabric + 30 points into Textile Treasures > Textile Treasures and is a from “Dawn to Dusk” 5 points into Duskweave Tailoring …

COME ON man… what goes on…

2 Likes

Their silence is defining.

I just got some of the blue kind in a delve, hoping it’s fixed.

What do you mean “blue kind” could you be more specific, type and quantity, what delve…

I wasn’t on that character anymore when I commented but I am back on it so…
I got 7 Duskweave and I did 3 Delves in Azj-Kahet so I couldn’t tell you which one they actually dropped from. I did not get any of the Dawnweave.

Blizzard, we need some kind of reply. Most of us where planing on using the tailoring cooldowns for gearing and crafting. It’s been close to a week since I have been able to get any Dawnweave or Duskweave.

Legendary cloths was not on my bingo card for this expansion

1 Like

Ya I can’t even use my CDs and I have 2 tailors. It’s pretty absurd.

1 Like

Running multiple delves yesterday…enough to fill my vault row. I got THREE (3!) Dawnweave (first Dawnweave drops I’ve seen in days). Not bolts…just Dawnweave. And for my other Tailor, who just got spec’d into Duskweave last Wednesday before whatever change went in Thursday…well, Duskweave just doesn’t exist at all. I haven’t seen Duskweave since I opened that up in the spec tree.

2 Likes

I wanted to craft the duskweave set but to farm enough duskweave to make enough bolts is going to take about 6 months at this drop rate. Either that or need to save up for 6 months to be able to afford to buy the little cloth that is on the AH.

I started reset with three duskweave. I ran 3 of the new M0s last night and some delves today. I still have three duskweave.

2 Likes

i just stop making dusk/dawn bolts. not worth it since the price of bolts still dropping

Still waiting Blizz, come on dude

This is clearly an issue. Ignoring people farming, those of us just PLAYING NORMALLY are not getting cloth. I currently have 9/10 available cds for both Dawn and Duskweave bolts. I have no cloth to make the threads. I’ve never seen such a vindictive company out to hurt players who just want to play their game just because THEY don’t like how players like to play. And in turn, hurting other players.

has been happening to all my tailors (4 or so ) sinse this weekly reset. all of them are fully speced into cloth gathering rate, cloth quality rate, as well as up to the skill that allows them to gather both dawnweave and duskweave.

not a single one of my characters have received a single dawnweave or duskweave sinse reset.

also people are taking advantage of these drop rate changes as well. prior to it no longer dropping anymore, the price of dawnweave on my server was between 20-30 g per cloth. nows its between 150-200g per cloth