Dave Kosak is leaving Blizzard

Doubtful. It takes more than one writer to screw up a story, as people are always reminding us whenever a certain recently-hired novelist’s name comes up.

Maybe he likes it that way.

1 Like

Kosak is the clearest example I can think of as to why I don’t lament the passing of the old guard.

4 Likes

I dont know too much about it but why do we despise Kosak? Guy seemed super passionate about what i consider the best world building and story telling in WoW, MOP

Necro for gossip update: Have been told by now two people that Afrasiabi has left Blizzard as of this summer

That means there are now ZERO Old Heads Since Vanilla Narrative Story Devs left, that are visible at any rate.

2 Likes

shrugs Had to happen eventually.

Yeah but my thought is “WoW” as we know it ended in Legion. That was the last expansion with the majority of the “Old Team” having outlined what was supposed to happen.

BFA is actually more like WoW-2 Vanilla. Afrasiabi leaving means no Old Heads remain which means more firmly that we are in a WoW-2 era with narrative direction lead by people with no real since-Vanilla/since-Warcraft commitments to pre-existing story per se.

4 Likes

It’s not necessarily a bad thing I guess. WoW’s bad writing isn’t caused by not having any of the original writers on board, it’s just gone on so long the story is a complete mess and few people could properly salvage such a thing. Plus there’s always the endless problem of escalation of stakes.

6 Likes

Afrasiabi did say he thought that Sylvanas becoming a Raid Boss would feel like a letdown… It would be ironic if he left because Ion demanded Sylvanas die!

We know nothing about Danuser’s thoughts on Sylvanas aside from him quoting his Short Story on Twitter. He seems to wax poetic everywhere he goes regardless of subject incidentally…

He might go full out on drama concerning Nathanos’s fate at the least!

Danuser is going to unleash Rule of Cool everywhere with Golden as his Cutscene writer.

1 Like

That’s not irony thats a narrative design conflict that leads to the lower rank executive leaving :skull:

I’d rather Roux have more power than Golden tbh, I much prefer her stuff.

1 Like

no.
10chars

1 Like

You prefer GOLDEN, who is the reason Calia was brought back from the narrative grave in the first place and elevated to a prominent role, over ROUX, who did an amazing job writing Talanji and Bwon?

1 Like

I’d prefer Roux to have no power.

2 Likes

That isn’t the question it’s Roux or Golden lmao

Did I stutter?

1 Like

This is a bad thing?

so you prefer Golden!??!?!?!?

Afrasiabi hasnt left. quit making stuff up from your rear.

4 Likes

Seconding this. Google revealed nothing.

1 Like

You’d have to since Roux is a contract writer who isnt actually part of the story/narrative team.

1 Like

Roux is kinda boring, And I am not saying that for her twitter feed or whatever. I read some pages of the book and… meh