Dave Kosak is leaving Blizzard

To be fair, so is most of what Golden writes.

Golden wrote Lord of the Clans. She has the ability to write well.

Too bad, the ability seemed to disappear in the nearly twenty years after that book.

3 Likes

Honestly, I would love to see them look in house for team writers who have worked on the game years and understand what the player base is looking for.

Better than sourcing outside writers who are more interested in writing their own story regardless of how its received.

4 Likes

I’d be so happy about Afrasiabi leaving. He doesn’t get nearly as much flack as Golden even though he’s head of story.

1 Like

When she writes bad stuff, it’s “not her fault” because she only wrote what Blizzard ordered her to write.

Given that, why should she (and not Blizzard) get credit for the decent stuff?

The events that happen are mandated to happen. How they happen are Golden’s purview. I liked how she handled the character interactions.

More than Roux in BTS?! Including taking Golden’s more recent stuff into account!?

Did I stutter?

1 Like

Pure madness.

Maybe you like the Alliance constantly talking the Horde down, but I’m beyond over it. I’m sure you can find other sources for self flagellation.

Nah I just don’t think I can forgive the narrative choice of Calia (which Golden herself admits to have suggested when Blizzard gave her the General Plot instead of another character) and how she wrote that narrative choice (Light Undead instead of, idk, Shadow Undead via Natalie Seline because Sylvanas used a cursed arrow or something) and absolutely loved how Roux handled Bwonsamdi and Talanji and the whole aspect of lies-as-short-term-solution and the new deal between them and whatnot.

Not to mention because Calia got a whole unique model, meanwhile Rokhan and Lilian… are just… lol

4 Likes

What would you call this rumor? Like, is there a specific culinary adjective you would use to describe this gossip?

Tasteless, since it has no sauce.

2 Likes

still cooking cuz the rumor depends on the veracity of my two sources, one who claims to be IRL friends with Afrasiabi, and one who claims their best friend works for blizzard

but I know for a fact they don’t know each other so it’s weird they both said it

guess we’ll see soon enough if afrasiabi says he left in the summer at some point

2 Likes

Hope it’s true!

Roix at least seems to be aware of the Anduin problem.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/633333989427380237/779621033325101086/anduin_surveys_his_kingdom.png

1 Like

This a good or a bad thing? I can’t tell honestly.

I see what you did there.

Since he can’t even be baited into saying spicy, I’m pretty sure it’s not even the real Baal :thinking:

2 Likes

Shattering was good.