Darkness doesn't work

Darkness needs to be a 70% damage reduction and not a miss chance. There are times you’re standing in it, and you don’t dodge a single attack…

13 Likes

Explain to blizz . They still think is the best skill in the game. Same as they thought visions in bfa :frowning:
For 20percent chance to miss the rest of the classes has way better defensives than run to your position to get darkess for a few seconds. I wish they remove it and make blur better. Rogues get 100% evasion every 2 min…
Paladins shamans hunters warriors can get shields and 30% hp every 30 or 45 secs…
Dh can’t even self heal 25% of hp bar in 1min if a fight…

7 Likes

I’m just tired of popping Darkness AND Blurr at the same time and STILL getting hit with every single attack.

The spell is garbage. RNG has NO place in a defensive cooldown.

Dispersion isn’t a CHANCE to be immune.
Bubble isn’t a CHANCE to be immune.
IceBlock isn’t a CHANCE to be immune.

I can go on…

15 Likes

Yep 20 chance and 50% of getting hit 80% damage is bla… The only reason I pop blur is because is not on the global cd. But is terrible skill, can’t compare to hunter paladin shields (the 4of them) plus self heals. Warrior defence and every 30 sec getting 30hp.

Blizz really screw dh

1 Like

This 1000%

All of those things are SINGLE TARGET. Just for the caster.

Darkness is RAID UTILITY. Meant to block hits for multiple people. Not meant for singular large hits, but for pulsing damage.

What you’re after is a personal cooldown that will block damage. Like Netherwalk… Or the old Blade Dance dodge mechanic.

4 Likes

Yes yes darkness is for everyone one else to get an extra chance of avoidance bla bla bla … Means nothing for the dh who can cast it dies all the time because blur is bad in numbers and can’t even self heal a half hp bar in meta…

“This ability is useless because i died while my raid survived thanks to the ability”

This is what i’m hearing.

DH defensives are needed in more situations than just raids. It’s garbo in pvp as well and you even have to take the damn talent for it to be semi-useful.

1 Like

na, means despite darkness, the rest of the classes have way better defensive skills that they dont even need to move to stand in darkness. thats why they survive.

1 Like

Haha. I literally macro’d Blur and Darkness together, they’re so useless, you have to double up.

2 Likes

Darkness is about useless. What DH stands in the same place while in a fight? Why would any competent developer make a defensive that requires the allegedly most mobile class in the game stand still? Demon Hunters that stand still, die. Well, they die anyway, because they’re so freakin’ weak. But they die easier if they’re not moving.

1 Like

Because your Healer got CC’d, and they are making a go on you.

Can you still Die…Yes, but you most likely wont die as quickly.

Because. It’s. Not. Just. For. You

It is not the equivalent of a pally bubble, disperson, or ice block. It is a raid cooldown

It’s equals would be Power Word: Barrier or Anti-Magic Zone. Compare it to those things when complaining about it.

2 Likes

20% chance to avoid a hit, is nothing really, 1 hit out of 5,
also is a 20% for each hit, means that in those seconds, all skills can hit you since is just chances, not a guaranty 20% damage reduction.

So for the 20% chance and sitting like a duck is better to try to run.

Okay let’s compare it to other Raid CDs, shall we? Warriors give everyone passive 15% extra Health. DK’s give everyone a 20% Magic Damage defense. Priests is a 25% Damage Reduction shield.

Those are the 3 I can remember off the top of my head and all 3 are miles better than a 20% CHANCE, less than a coin flip, to avoid damage IF your Raid can even manage to get in to it. That’s not even taking in to account every one of those have a far larger radius than Darkness.

1 Like

It has problems as raid utility. My issue with this thread is that people are confusing it for a personal cooldown.

is not even good for raid situations… moving all to a small area just for a 20% chance, is not worthy at all. specially when other classes have personal defenses that are WAY better, why some one will risk moving, messing up mechanics etc… for a 20% chance?
is a probability of 1 of 5, you have raid of 25, 5 wont be hit… (well if they do mechanics right they shouldn’t not been hit at all to begin with) but because is a personal buff. could be that all the 25 players get into that 20% and no one get hit… but the chances are so SO low!. that is more likely that the 25 players will end in the 80% chance, and ALL will be hit either way. so ? what the point of moving, messing up mechanics etc… ?

PLUS sadly, and i say sadly, most of the other players think is a malicious pool from a boss =(

1 Like

The one thing Darkness is really good at is when paired with Spirit Link Totem. The way SLT is implemented is, higher health peeps take “damage” and lower health peeps are healed, based on the difference in their HP compared to the average of everyone in the range. Equalizes health, but no net healing (also provides a bit of DR on top of that).

However, the damage event for it can miss with Darkness, resulting in a net gain of HP, raid-wide, every time that happens. Especially when there’s a lot of ticking damage going out (which can also miss per tick, usually, but it also causes lots of uneven health and thus lots of damage and healing events), dropping Darkness inside a Spirit Link can be incredibly powerful.

Outside of that, it really is in essence just a less reliable PW: Barrier, though.

1 Like

Can be huge, can be nothing. I’ve seen it block big damage for 18/20 people in my raid group. I’ve seen it help one person.

The RNG aspect and difficult to see nature of it leads me to believe it should be on a greatly reduced cooldown than what it is. That, or they need to bump up the chance to avoid a little more.

1 Like