Darkmoon Faire not open 15 hours late

Calendar says Darkmoon Faire starts at 12:01am, Sunday April 4. It’s currently 3:42PM and the DMF portal outside Goldshire has yet to spawn.

1 Like

try 12:01 AM…Pacific. So that would be… 3:01 AM… Eastern…translate that however you might for you.

4 Likes

If you are on an OCE realm, the calendar shows the timers of events with respect to the USA regardless (PDT to be specific). So this ain’t no bug. Sorry.

The OP is from an OCE server, so I would assume they are going off Sydney time, which means the Darkmoon Faire won’t show up until 5pm AEST. 12:01am PDT = 5:01pm AEST.

I’m interested in hearing how this is not a bug.

1 Like

unless i’m not understanding the question properly…

event and reset times have been set to be uniform across the region, to avoid people realm hopping and double dipping for rewards.

Ever since blizzard put in Cross-realm zones our calendar now uses PDT for the times of in game events set by blizzard. Blizzard has said numerous times that they do not plan of changing it.

2 Likes

The event and reset times are ok, the issue is that the in-game calendar is incorrect by over 15 hours.

1 Like

The calendar is correct to list times according to the US Pacific time zone, YOU’RE the one that should figure out what the Pacific time zone listed translates to you, just like how I have to translate it for me being in Eastern. There is yet to be a setting by the default UI that will track dates according to your time zone.

2 Likes

So a solution to fix this bug could be to make the calendar events match the realm time.

2 Likes

Last sentence, pretty clear.

Yeah there were numerous threads on the OCE General discussion forums a few years back about the Calendar and according to GM responses from tickets, blizzard does not plan of “fixing” it.

One response from blizzard is the following (the link to the post in question has being removed, as it was from the old forums)

However, events start globally at the same time now and that is Pacific Time.

This is done because of the cross-realm capabilities. If you go from a realm where the event is started to a realm where the event has not started then you could lose event related items. So they all start at the same time to avoid that problem :slight_smile:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769667734#post-8

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/oceanic-calendar/29952/6 has the post that I got the above quote from.

So yeah, it is because of cross-realm zones to avoid people realm hopping to exploit rewards or they could lose rewards, as Nobully said earlier. It would suck if it did start earlier on OCE realms only to have your event rewards disappear because you joined an US group before the event started on their servers.

Unfortunately it is easier for blizzard to set the events to PDT for all timezones that use the US client instead of changing it for every timezone that uses the US client.

1 Like

Maybe it’s easier for Blizzard to leave the calendar broken but in-game event time not syncing up with in-game calendar time is still a bug

2 Likes

Just because you don’t like how something works, and IS working in doing what it’s suppose to do, doesn’t make it a bug.

1 Like

They could still localize the calendar to show times in your current server’s time zone so e.g. if their Oceanic server is in AEST then the listed time should be 5:01pm AEST.

We know at this point they’re not going to return regional events to actually start based on local server time, but there is no reason in 2021 that the in-game calendar cannot at least adjust the display to be more sensible to the player’s current situation.

2 Likes

Event start time is 12:01am.
Realm time (not local time, REALM time) is 15:42.
Event hasn’t started.
Please explain how this is working as intended.

1 Like

Event start time is 12:01am PDT, not Dath’remar Realm time.

1 Like

Right. So why are the realm time and calendar time different?

1 Like
2 Likes

Right. So why are the realm time and calendar time different?

1 Like