Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

I hate being snarky, but I’m in no mood for trolls or passive aggressive posters bearing a grudge against me for wanting something.

8 Likes

It’s totally understandable and I support you because to give you an idea of what I said in Discord I had said about someone as a Void Elf telling us to just play a Void Elf when they got RP options to play as a Blood Elf/High Elf and yet they keep coming to the San’layn and Dark Ranger threads acting like we shouldn’t be able to get San’layn and Dark Ranger customizations for RP reasons as well and that’s looking past if we don’t get them as separate Allied Races of course because I know most of us would prefer that to just getting them as customizations.

4 Likes

Allow me to be snarky.

No one here is interested in your wannabe high elves, we want characters that have flavor on a faction that isn’t as interesting as a cardboard box, sorry. You can add void sprinkles to vanilla ice cream. It’ll still be vanilla.

6 Likes

But…Vanilla is delicious :japanese_goblin:

So the new cinematic kind of gives a bit of hope that Dark Ranger customizations are still on the table?

6 Likes

I don’t like vanilla >:P

'cept with cake… okay vanilla icecream and fudge cake are really good.

Anyway, That one I don’t know, because it felt like it was implied that the ‘banshee’ parts are pure evil, and that has me extremely concerned…

3 Likes

Thanks for the positivity, Autai. It’s desperately needed right now because my hopium reserves have been depleted like my anima reservoir always is.

3 Likes

HOW DARE

Now that would be lame. If we go back to Azeroth and the Dark Rangers have blue eyes… :japanese_goblin: :japanese_goblin: :japanese_goblin:

Neva lose hopium! Neva surrender!

5 Likes

Yeah I hope not. Though I was told it might just be for the frostmourne victims, not all risen into undeath, in which case that would be fine. That would mean our characters go whatever direction we decide as opposed to being put into a box.

Still hoping for Dark Rangers at some point!

2 Likes

Lol, with as many alts as I’m running these days I could give you so much anima like literally I don’t even need it anymore I just use it to run mission table and that’s it, think of it like passing go and collecting $200 only you’d get like 30K over and over. :yum: :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

No! Bad Autai! Go to your room. We don’t need Blizzard getting more ideas on how to ruin things.

If only sharing anima was a thing.

5 Likes

I am Alliance and therefore have an obligation to ruin things :japanese_goblin:

3 Likes

Don’t tell the other undead this, but you’re pretty cool.

3 Likes

I am so sick of the obsession with ‘red eyes bad’ and ‘blue eyes good’ they seemed to go with Sylvanas. Again.

sighs and hopes to the gods that Wrathion remains a cool guy at least

5 Likes

More like red eyes are cool and blue eyes are meh because really I’ve never been a fan of the whole blue eye thing, had to say it. Haha.

2 Likes

Me too on both accounts. Wrathion’s sexy AF.

3 Likes

Me neither, they’re boring to me. Hilarious given my lover has blue eyes but I give him a hard time about it (jokingly) by aggressively putting him down. (in a loving way). We work on a different spectrum than most couples…

also agreed on Wrathion.

3 Likes

Most of the time blue is usually associated with purity, goodness, and innocence. Blue can be really pretty, especially blue eyes. Red eyes are unfortunately associated with evil, corruption, and violence across media. I don’t think that’s a very subtle or nuanced direction to go. Being good or evil (if you want to be confined to such basic duality) does not determine your eye color.

6 Likes

Don’t give up!

3 Likes

I came across a YouTube video uploaded in 2016 (some information is a bit out of date as a result) about Dark Rangers and roleplaying techniques/suggestions. I thought I’d share it here for anyone interested:

Hopefully, people will be able to roleplay as actual Dark Rangers someday! :bow_and_arrow:

2 Likes

Void elf hunters are closest we can get. I tried a blood elf. The blood elf skin colors ruin it.

All they need to do is add a few pale skin tones and red eyes. At minimum it’s literally two things.

2 Likes