Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

This makes the most sense for a new customization for BE! They could look something like this:

https://i.imgur.com/jrVuRbdl.jpg

1 Like

Showing support. I have a Dark Ranger character of my own and would love to have those options, as would many of my friends.

4 Likes

Another thread for this popped up and I linked this one. Worth reading to see if there’s any new ideas worth stealing.

Also let’s see if the initial post doubles in likes, was at 17 before linking and 27 now.

This is terrifying and hot at the same time.

And yes, I did just make that pun :fire: :fire:

3 Likes

Here’s hoping. It’d be cool if both of the Elf races (Void and Blood) would have their own, faction-exclusive customization options (Voidy for Alliance and Undeath for Horde).

6 Likes

Thanks, for linking this thread Zuro. <3

Oh my goodness, Vephriel graces my thread. <3 I love your twitter account and your Dark Ranger characters.

5 Likes

4 more likes and the initial post will have doubled in likes since. Trust in Lord Zuro :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I am in your debt. <3 This is fangtastic!

2 Likes

I swear if that’s a san’layn pun :woman_facepalming: I made a fire pun here though so I can’t be mean

2 Likes

It is. I thought that pun had quite the bite to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No problem!

Give Blood Elves red eyes

3 Likes

If only I could like your post. Out of likes.

2 Likes

I wish blizz would make all (Most) Sub race into customization and let u pick a poll of racial traits of your choice related to this race. Ex: (Add 1 active racial 3 passive racial with Wildhammer flavor) U do a quest blah blah u then unlock Wildhammer customization. When u create your Dwarf u can choose to look more normal, Dark Iron, Wldhammer. Then u choose your racials u could either go with Wildhammer active , 2 DarkIron passive and Normal Dawrf as last passive. I think it would be nicer that way

1 Like

Dearest supporters,

Could I ask that you help keep this thread up top, please? I want to spread this message.

2 Likes

If blizz doesn’t let us have this I’ll cry forever. Especially with them giving people high elves.

2 Likes

I honestly think the two things announced today were great, as they had to be announced together so as to not offend either community. Blood Elves and the HE fans.

But what I take from that is, the skins seen on VEs should open up a range of skins on BEs… undead skins that a lot of people want hopefully. They just weren’t announced today but hopefully soon!

3 Likes

it’s definitely still early which is why I hope that this kind of discussion and feedback might reach them!

I’m aware that there’s a lot of potential conflict in introducing something like “undead” features to an otherwise living race, but I still believe they could make it work

it could be a special case, similar to the night warrior customizations for the night elves

as it stands a dark ranger would of course fit in under the forsaken umbrella more, but I just don’t see them giving an entirely new silhouette/body type to an existing race when no other race has that sort of dual option

a simple recolour for blood elves would be much easier to implement, and the history is there in their culture, they were the first dark rangers after all, and they’ve been prominent in the game for years

5 Likes

Seeing as the San’layn are allied with the Horde as of BFA, it makes perfect sense for them to become a Blood Elf customization option! It’s rather like Wildhammers in that respect.

2 Likes

we also have a certain important blood elf lore figure reappearing in Shadowlands who has some red eye aesthetics going on, there could always be a tie in there as well

3 Likes

Gosh please! Dark Ranger customization makes more sense now than ever with Velonara and her Dark Rangers choosing to remain with the Horde, calling both forsaken and Blood Elves their kin.

Just a bit of undead skin and red eyes, and voila! Undead Elves that can be either Dark Rangers if you choose red eyes, or just regular undead elves if you choose blue, yellow or green (or blind)

6 Likes