Dark Iron Dwarf Death Knight?

You’re really banking on that gnome demon hunter aren’t you? I get it, I really do. I want a gnome demon hunter too. But even if blizzard didn’t care about their story (and they do) a large chunk of the playerbase does

2 Likes

Argus even showed that the ancient eredar had a tradition of martial arts called jed’hin which could easily translate to Lightforged monks.

4 Likes

Yeah, lightforged draenei monks would honestly make sense. Worgen and goblins could be monks too because those pandaren travelers go everywhere tbh

There is a Dark Iron Dwarf Death knight in game :slight_smile:

Exactly. People like to use the excuse that the worgen and goblin starting zones are locked in a specific time and pandaren wouldnt have been there during that time, but thats true of all starting zones. Even the draenei starting zone, which canonically takes place at the very start of BC, had them add a pandaren monk who claims he was on the island cataloguing wildlife when the Exodar crashed. They could do similar things for all races easily enough.

1 Like

This would be really funny for Kezan.

DI, Zand and KTs should all be able to play DKs. As all three races were around during the time frame. They are not from an alternate timeline nor were they locked away inside a magically bubble for thousands of years.

Arthas could have easily encountered members of those three races and raised them as DKs. I imagine it is because they already felt that these races had enough going for them and there are already a ton of races that can already be DKs anyways.

1 Like

All races can be hunters now though so they don’t seem against giving a class to many races. Idk, I’m on board with giving dark iron DKs

Hunters are not classified as a “hero” class either. I agree that they could be but I am sure Blizzard had their reasons for not allowing any of the allied races to do one.

Fair, I guess in this case I’d like to hear it from them so hopefully there’s a way to ask directly at some point (unless they’ve answered already, if so please tell me)

I could ask the same for Void Elves since there’s nothing stopping a DK Blood Elf from finding the whole idea of using shadows to protect appealing. In fact that sounds right up a DKs alley.

Dks use shadow magic already, but I feel like undead would be immune to this type of transformation. I am unsure though

So do Priests and Warlocks but you don’t see them bared from being Void Elves. It’s almost like people who can use shadow magic thought they could pool their resources or something. :thinking:

Personally I think they’d be affected since they still have a physical body, they suffer from the limitations of flesh even if the connection is more tenuous than a living elfs connection.

True. It also depends though on when Umbric and his followers were initially exiled from Silvermoon, as all playable void elves were supposedly his followers (if I’m not mistaken)
I’m not actually certain on the details there so I shouldn’t say much

They were underground, with their dark iron. So they were kind of off the radar, unlike regular dwarves.

Because they stated they won’t add hero classes to allied races this expansion in blizzcon.

Allied races can’t be DKs because of the timeline of the DK starting zone. Yes it is possible that DIs, KTs and Zandalari could have been taken by Arthas at that time to be made into DKs. But at that time those groups weren’t part of the Alliance or Horde. So after the Light’s Hope battle any surviving DKs of those races would have gone back to their races, or struck out on their own, not joined the Horde and Alliance. Just like The DI from the island expeditions and the panda from the garrison in WoD. It doesn’t mean those DKs don’t or can’t exist at this time, just that they can’t be playable.

So until they redo the DK starter area which is heavily implied they will likely do next xpac no new races can become playable DKs.

I agree. Dark Irons and Void Elves should totally be able to be DK’s;
Dark Irons been around long before Wrath and Velves are just exiled Belves.

But, the issue is you can’t say the same about any of the Horde Allied Races.

i’ll take a stab in the dark, and guess that they want people to earn the heritage armor… so throwing 60 free levels at people instead of 20, kind of defeats the purpose.

2 Likes

If Zandalari could be Death Knights, I would definitely race change this guy to one of them.