Damage racials that don't scale are literally a waste of time

It scales but it’s still weak and has no synergy so it’s usually a dps loss to ever press it.

3 Likes

Damage racials are miniscule as they should be. Quality of life racials are out of whack. Diplomacy and shadowmeld are way ahead of almost anything else.

1 Like

And Emergency Failsafe…it makes being a mechagnome worth it.

2 Likes

I like the mech racials for sure but can’t stand the way they look

It’s a good mini heal tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

It should scale, yeah. The Draenei 20% Naaru heal is great no matter the level since its a flat percentage.

And dont forget dwarven self cure.

Man. There seems to be a theme here.

Bag of tricks is a 40yd missile, some tanks don’t have tools to pull past 30yd.

Bag of Tricks does actually scale with your Item Level (Main Stat?).

Tested on the Valdrak PvP Training Dummy/Healing Training Dummy

My Warrior’s Bag of Tricks (445IL) can heal for 38,184 Holy/Nature. Hurt for 24,244 Fire/Shadow/Nature.
My Mage’s Bag of Tricks (379IL) can heal for 20,096 Holy/Nature. Hurt for 13,397 Fire/Shadow/Nature

• This CAN crit. e.g. Mage’s healing from 20,096 to 40,192. Mage’s damage from 13,397 to 20,096.
  • The School of Magic CAN interact with mastery. e.g. Holy Priest’s Mastery with Holy.
  • This CAN proc items. e.g. Eranog’s Ring with Fire.

The Healing portion can actually AoE, self or other. Just two things:

1. The range is pitiful, 1-2yds? Your targets would have to be stacking on the same pixel.
  2. It used to be infinite targets, but they limited it to just 5.

There was a time when the GCD didn’t scale with Haste, that was fixed.

When you use it on an enemy: It INSTANTLY aggros whoever you threw it at, but the damage has travel time.

For any more questions:

lmao.

1 Like

Unless you’re a mage and you’re locked out of available schools ( e.g., you already used your alternate schools).

1 Like

That has saved me way more times than I have ever noticed. I win a fight then look I have the cooldown debuff because it popped and healed me.

1 Like

I just unlocked mechagnomes about a week ago since I was bored one night.

Can’t play them though they look stupid. Imo.

Well see there’s a very reasonable explanation, straight from a Goblin here.

…They forgot the Racial exists.

To be fair, BoT does hit pretty hard at lower levels for a damage racial, and can be used as a backup heal which gives it that flexibility. Rocket Barrage starts useless, and ends even more so.

Even in low level PvP you would never use Barrage over Rocket Jump which is an extremely handy mobility Racial.

But muh Horde favoritism!

1 Like

Hey, horde favoritism started when they gave the horde the prettiest race in the game, causing the first mass exodus from the Alliance. It was more than a decade before the alliance got some pretty elves of their own.

Looking good increases DPS by 90%.

I find it especially nifty on classes without many spammable self heals - my Vulpera Hunter and Rogue both use it in bad situations.

The damage portion is negligible though. Almost never use it offensively.

1 Like

Ideally racial abilities are flavorful and fun, but not mechanically noteworthy. See; Make Camp. Making racials mechanically important means certain racials become BiS for classes or comps and that’s a route that ends in tragedy.

1 Like

I tend to see my Alliance character racials as more useful than my Horde character racials in most content or situations, however that’s not enough for me to actually play Alliance over Horde even with as bad as some racials for Nightborne, Mag’har Orc, Vulpera and Goblin are.

I miss the AOE silence for belves. Swapped two of my characters after that change :frowning:

Whats a Gooblin? They part of the Gob squad we missed?

The very reason I went regular draenei.

1 Like