Daily reminder that defending in Wintergrasp is obscenely overpowered and needs to be nerfed

Alliance is on offense 90% of the time. That’s another issue in itself. Wouldn’t be completely terrible if it was 50/50 defense/offense like it should be.

Definitely untrue. You played against afk players or those who had no clue what they were doing. I’ve sat on a wall unattacked in a siege engine for the entire game and only broken 1.5 layers(I say layers because you can hit 2 walls or a wall and tower at the same time). If they leave someone untouched for 20 minutes, it should be gg and it USED to be that way. I’ve solo’d walls in old WG in a matter of 2 minutes.

Another untruth as it is anecdotal evidence. I’ve also been on offense 90% of the time as horde. Has nothing to do with faction.

It’s not the map in the least but rather that they either buffed walls or nerfed siege damage or both. You can literally pound on the wall with 2 demo/siege and still not get through in time if they ignore you.

It’s not really 2 years overdue because it was a lot easier to win offense in BFA. The huge offense problem really started in 9.0 because that patch bugged Demolishers and Siege Engine Turrets to effectively make them deal no siege damage at range.

Epic BG updates coming!
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/upcoming-changes-to-the-ashran-isle-of-conquest-and-wintergrasp-epic-battlegrounds

1 Like

i agree, one of the most broken bg’s in the entire game, an absolute waste of time if you are attacking.

I have gotten to defend ONCE, since shadowlands has came out, I literally don’t even que epic bg’s anymore.

Big disagree.

lol um okay? but im right and you and everyone else knows it, its a clear problem.

I haven’t lost an offense since it was updated in 9.0.5.

1 Like

Bumping this thread - Attacking is also cancer in Wotlk classic

They still havnt nerfed defending yet? LOL

Defense has been nerfed for a while now. Offense is easy as long as you know the 2-wall strategy.

Here, watch this:
https://youtu.be/-bpmm1qaxTA
https://youtu.be/IRenizei1xE

1 Like

you forgot to include the disclaimer: “probably won’t work in a non-premade group” :laughing:

If you’re in a premade or partial-premade, sure, you can “recover” from losing the first teamfight. But in a full group of random/solo-queue pug players the chances of that happening go way down

“win SR or gg” still seems to be the meta strat among casuals/random pug players, hasn’t changed much in the ~3 years this retail-version of Wintergrasp has been live

You really need to stop lying to people to bring them down and stop them from winning.

Like, I’m sorry, but does your premade REALLY need to bring down PUGs in order to beat them?

This man is speaking facts. Defense needs a nerf bad. Please blizz some bgs need some help

1 Like

This rare wins on offense are special though. Was in a horde offense team that managed to push through and win, and the chat is just so crazy lol.

But yeah this is a clear problem and has been for multiple expacs.

Great job. Now for the rest of the population who didn’t win the lottery?

My suggestion is offense should start with a set number of vehicles, like 2 demos and a Siege Engine or something, because who sieges a fortress without bringing any siege equipment. That way offense can start on the wall and defense has to actually leave people behind in the beginning to defend. You would still need kills and workshops to make more vehicles past the starting 3.