Daelin Proudmoore did nothing wrong

Then half the posters around here would be gone.

He didn’t nothing wrong for his beliefes and time.
But sometimes Parent’s should hear what their kid’s have to say .

1 Like

If Jaina would have listened to her father Theramore wouldn’t be a crater.

Her mercy destroyed Theramore.

2 Likes

There are very few forms of flag abuse here, because of the way flags work. If one person only flags on one character of theirs, it’s not abuse. If they swap characters to flag, that can be abuse. If it’s multiple people only doing it on one character (so once per account) it’s not abuse.

Maybe they’re indicating that the post is rather discomforting?

Seems like it’s happening more and more, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

oh no, theramore got destroyed, not the crappy little town in the middle of the swamp! What did they ever do to deserve this except repeatedly violate the terms of their non aggression pact by repeatedly invading the barrens?!

Theramore died because in all her years of education nobody bothered telling Jaina about the FAFO principle

3 Likes

There’s nothing against the ToS in my post.

If they don’t like it they can leave the thread, abusing the report function to remove posts they disagree with is against ToS.

2 Likes

If they are doing it maliciously, yes. If they do so with a good-faith reasoning, then there is no fault to be found.

Also, flags are no longer possible once a post is marked as flagged and hidden, so it’s not like there’s a continuous brigade.

If a mod were to review a flag reason and say “Hey, I can see why they’d say this”, then it’s not abusive.

Did you see where I said “after Thrall tried to broker peace with Varian?” The razing of Stormwind and Quel’thalas is when the Orcs were under the control of the Burning Legion via Mannoroth. Not saying that demon blood entirely absolves them of their actions, but they paid for that. An entire generation was raised in internment camps (a generation that was free of the demon blood and had nothing to do with the war). That was actually sorta my “headcanon” when I originally made this character. Not in detail of course because I don’t RP, but I liked to imagine he was born in the internment camps and came of age in Durotar not long after its founding. And, having grown up hearing stories of “the old ways” before the demon blood, decided to explore that by becoming a shaman.

Rise of the Horde goes into this in detail. The orcs didn’t have bad intentions, but they were manipulated by Kil’jaeden. Then after the Draenei were destroyed (or so he thought), he basically left them to finish themselves off in the demon blood rage. Medivh/Sargeras decided to exploit them again to further his goals of destroying Azeroth. The orcs were overwhelmingly just pawns.

1 Like

“We will be conquerors” -Grom Hellscream after rejecting the demon blood in WoD and still planning to invade Azeroth

1 Like

Frostwolf Clan has joined the chat.

2 Likes

Alternate universe. Not the same Grom. And that was also after he had been lied to and manipulated by Garrosh (Garrosh convinced him that Azeroth was where the Legion came from and that we wanted to enslave them). Grom thought he was taking the fight back to his would-be conquerors.

The bad part about WOD is that NONE of this was presented in game, only in short stories and supplementary materials. The storytelling in WOD was bad, and if you only played the game I could see why you came to that conclusion.

Yes, Orcs have an issue where they are easily manipulated by lies, and being pawns in someone else’s power struggle. And that is an issue. But they aren’t the genocidal monsters you’re painting them as.

3 Likes

Hey, another reader of Rise of the Horde! Nice!

Poor orcs got caught up in the eredar’s internal bickering, really they’re the victims here

2 Likes

i guess i’ll have to read rise of the horde when i get some money

1 Like

I own and have read every novel. There is so much story that’s not in the game…

4 Likes

It’s a paperback, should be easy to find at a bookstore with any luck and little cost.

1 Like

You’re missing out if you only read the paperback. There is a fancy illustrated novel version. And then a collection of 4 other stories in a different book (that includes a Metzen story that isn’t available in print anywhere else).

2 Likes

Laughs to death

So because he helped open a door all that murder is his fault alone, okay.

1 Like