Daelin Proudmoore did nothing wrong

Its one of the parts of the Rexxar campaign, it’s elaborated on more in Cycles of Hatred

I’ll have to replay that. I remember some deforestation AND a village being burned, but no magical decimation.

I am still sort of confused how after decades the Horde have not managed to undo the damage Daelin caused, given it was a purely mundane deforestation. It isnt like Felwood or something where there is some sort of corruption to undo.

4 Likes

From Chronicles:

Whether she was aware that Putress and Varimathras were planning to use the concoction remains a mystery. Rumors persisted that she knew about the attack at the Wrath Gate beforehand and her denials did not assuage the doubts of her detractors.

Blizzard has written the Wrath Gate so you could blame her/argue she is innocent. Yes, she ordered the use of the plague, no she didn’t know Putress would do exactly what he did, but had he used the plague purely to kill the Lich King, she probably wouldn’t have cared if we were casualties of the plague.(and considering the Alliance/Horde surrounded him, there would have been casualties one way or another!)

1 Like

The Tauren were still reembracing their Druidic roots early in WoW, and outside of Naralex, the Cenarians were more interested in the balance of nature on a crumbling nearly dead world and Northrend than working with the orcs and maybe getting the whole of Ashenvale back for it.

It likely was one of those things that just wasn’t a top priority until a worldwide cataclysm hit just after a heavily resource taxing campaign given nobody was really given room to rest since WC3.

That is a stupid cop out, the Taurens were organizing hunts into Ashenvale! They were as much trying to take resources as the Horde was.

what does that have to do with literally anything, Zerde.

That the taurens were not interested in helping heal nature, even when they were learning of their druidic roots/even being taught by night elves and were in fact helping the Horde ravage night elf territory.

Hunting is absolutely part of nature lmao. One tauren doing a hunt meaning they hate nature is a fantastically moronic argument, even for a Zerdeism.

Do you think Lions are anti-nature because they hunt for food?

5 Likes

That is fair, though recently they have shown how shamans can care for life quite effectively, all it takes a bit of magic healing water and patience.

I like how that does not prove me wrong.

1 Like

To you it seems like proof, ingame I don’t think enough people believe Sylvanas/totally trusted her story that she wasn’t just working with them from the beginning and just got stabbed in the back at the last second.

Hunting? Sure, but the Taurens were part of the faction that wasn’t only hunting but actively destroying the habitat of these animals.

what lmao where does that happen

1 Like

Did you not see what the Outriders were doing to Ashenvale? The Horde was overlogging and worse, logging more then they needed just to spite the night elves.

Right… Sylvanas was in league with the Legion, not a few years after kicking said Legion out of Lordaerons capital.

Do you even read what you type before you post it?

She literally allies herself with the the Jailer, the true person responsible for the Scourge/works with the Dreadlords.

Okay? And that happens after the Wrathgate. So what is your point?

My point is she was always slimly enough that people have a hard time believing she didn’t just decide to betray everyone, including her allies(which she inevitably did) to some other higher power that ultimately betrayed her.

Night elves actively try to destroy the habitats of any animals that don’t thrive in night elven deciduous forests such as savanas.
:relieved:

4 Likes