Daelin Proudmoore did nothing wrong

Exactly by the time of thralls horde everyone involved was either dead or like 80 years old like saurfang

1 Like

Genocide doesn’t mean exterminating every single person? That doesn’t make sense. If that’s true, then what’s the difference between a genocide and an attempted genocide?

Underrated orc/Horde villain faction. Their aesthetic in Vanilla was cool af – bunch of orcs, ogres, forest trolls and goblins living in a big ominous volcano taking orders from the Black Dragonflight. This isn’t really relevant, but yeah.

1 Like

I also find it ironic how they nearly killed Cho’gall, only to side with the very forces that Cho’gall was serving the whole time he was on Azeroth (The Old Gods). Although I don’t think they knew that since the Twilight Hammer were serving Ragnaros and not Nefarian.

Actually that raises a question. Was Nefarian and Onyxia doing their own thing or were they actually on team Old God in vanilla? I mean without their fathers influence I would argue the former. Considering their mother believed she was doing her own thing with the Twilight Dragonflight a few years later.

2 Likes

Agreed. I also find it ironic how they had no problems with Doomhammer’s fel magic ban in the Second War and even went off to kill off most of the Stormreaver and Twilight’s Hammer like you said only to start fielding warlocks again.

If I recall right, officially? Team Old God. The Old Gods always had sway over the corrupted Black Dragons, it was just sometimes subtle; they may have thought they were working for their own interests, but Fahrad’s dialogue with Wrathion before he gets offed by him and the Rogue Adventurer proves that the Old Gods can always just crank the control from 0 to 100.

In the Year of Our Lord, 2024, some people are still taking that phrase literally?

No one who says “x did nothing wrong” thinks that x literally did nothing wrong, what people are saying is that Daelin had valid and understandable reasons for his actions and that he is morally grey. It’s a figure of speech.

From Daelin’s perspective, not only the orcs killed his son and waged war on his country, they also just stole the Alliance fleet docked at Southshore (Daelin was also Grand Admiral of the Alliance Navy, another thing Hordies forget, so it was his duty to retrieve the stolen fleet).

All motivations that Horde players ignore just to scream “omggg murderer!!!”

3 Likes

Why should the horde players care, If someone showed up on your lawn and threatened to kill you cause some guy down the street stole his car, you wouldn’t care that he was upset either

Do you have any other answer to anything besides “I don’t care”?

You are impossible.

2 Likes

Pot meet kettle, look if you took every argument about Daelin and replaced the name with sylvanas, you wouldn’t care “oh but she was loved by her people” you wouldn’t care, “oh but she had her reasons” again you wouldn’t care. So womp womp daelins son died, peoples kids die all the time in wow and they still don’t turn to genocide

3 Likes

And that folks is grace and forgiveness. Me like it.

Except, she wasn’t loved. A cult of personality serving a dictator is not “love”.

yes it is, womp womp

1 Like

“Male Human Paladin has been here.”
“How can you tell?”
“Faction war sh_t-stirring six years after BfA ended.”

9 Likes

The Kaldorei started it.

Really though, the Ashenvale stuff in Vanilla is such a weird scenario. Most references to Thrall in horde questing talk about how much he’s working to keep the peace with the Alliance, and he had just gotten done with whooping the Warsong’s butt in WC3. But he’s okay with the Warsong sticking around causing fights?

The only thing I can think of is that the parts of Ashenvale within a short ride of the Barrens was never really considered Nelf territory since they lived far to the north until the battle of Mt Hyjal, and Thrall is going off the Tauren’s recollection of “nobody lives there lmao, its free real estate” and isn’t willing to get rid of a resource hub in an area the nelves didn’t have any actual presence in

2 Likes

Also it felt more like a reason for the Warsong Gulch battleground to exist. Because there should have been a negotiation between Thrall and Tyrande about what areas of Ashenvale the Horde can lumber or not. Given that exactly happens after Siege of Orgrimmar where the Night Elves allow the Horde to maintain control over Azshara (the zone).

Sadly WoW since its inception has always taken a “rule of cool > lore” stance. TBC being the key example. Kael’thas and Illidan becoming loot pinata’s and the Hyjal raid not having any infinites in it. Despite said infinites being the reason we go to that period of time in the first place.

2 Likes

Daelin would have been wrong had the horde not started two more genocidal wars trying to take over the world and blowing up two more alliance cities. Ultimately if the horde had been stopped by him the world probably would have been better off.

Ultimately the Horde proved him right when he said they wouldn’t change.

2 Likes

it actually wouldn’t have we know that

As opposed to helping out with the entire Scourge threat, helping to evacuate civilians still caught up with the Scourge, working together with the remaining Human kingdoms to figure out a response, and understanding that the Horde helped to fight against the Legion and aren’t actually immediate threats at that point of time and are deserving of at least some sort of dialogue and/or treaty for the sake of the ravaged and desecrated human population that didn’t need to jump into another battle cause of “orc bad!!!”

https://imgur.com/a/UmdX7lp
Most dangerous moment in the planet’s history up until that point.

1 Like

The Alliance started both wars lmao

Skill issue. We know the Alliance didn’t raze more cities for lack of trying.

3 Likes