Customer Support Ticket Issue

. I have opened and reopened a ticket about the Cache of Awakened Storms giving wrong level items. Instead I keep getting responses just a little different linking to wowhead about Timewalking.

Well, given the fact GMs ain’t able to touch loot, let alone loot i-levels, they’re going to point folks at WoWhead about it.

Also, they use templates, mainly because there’s far too many people to have a hand typed message for everyone.

3 Likes

If you think the loot given was incorrect, you’ll need to post in Bug Reports (or use the in game reporting tool). GMs can’t fix it for you. If the devs find a bug they may roll out a fix just like they did in the last week, where people received corrected items in the mail.

3 Likes

Real people responded, albeit with a mistaken assumption (timewalking had a similar bug last week). Templated responses are intended to save time while presenting uniform responses – they are not signs of AI replies.

2 Likes

There isn’t a number to talk to anyone as this is a Dev issue. No GM is able to trade out, upgrade or do anything related to loot when/if a bug happen. Live chat/call back isn’t for this, and the only way to contact staff is via tickets, which they use templates for to make a clear and stranded statement on things.

2 Likes

They are real people responding to your ticket. The fact they may be using templates (which is a common customer service tactic to try to cut down queues) does not detract from this.

During last week the Cache was given via completing the Timewalking quest I believe, which is why that is being brought up in your ticket responses. It was supposed to be hotfixed but it is sounding like you dodged it somehow.

May I ask what the tickets are asking you to do? All you have mentioned is that they bring up Timewalking which, as mentioned, is the source of the Cache this last week.

1 Like

…No one here is a bot, and no one is trolling you. I’m merely trying to figure out what, exactly, the tickets are asking you to do as it is still relevant until about one more hour when the reset happens.

People had issues with the cache with TWing. It sounds similar to yours. In between the bot/AI conspiracy that’s all I have to go on.

4 Likes

I could understand that. But two times I quote from the response I got. "Firstly, I would like to start with an apology for any delays you may have faced, and I will try my best here to help.

I can see that you’re facing challenges with Timewalking event. I understand how it feels when things don’t go as planned. I would be more than happy to investigate the matter for you today.

Upon checking, there is a separate quest for each Timewalking event. Each of the quests rewards a Normal level difficulty equipment Cache from the current raid tier. Only during special events, like Turbulent Timewalking, you can get a Heroic level difficulty equipment cache."

Again not the issue I am having.

I don’t understand why you’re avoiding the point of detailing what they are wanting you to do, to the point of snipping out that part in the GM response.

All I can suggest at this point is you continuing to file tickets about the cache until they tell you to stop, although with the reset happening and a new cache being lined up it may be irrelevant at that stage.

Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

Timewalking does not equal Cache of Awakened Storms. Reported for Trolling…

Blizzard has used templated responses for 18 years. Long before ChatGPT.

4 Likes

Standard in industry but you keep talking usually you get a real person and actual response.

A real person uses templates, a real person can also make mistakes.

Trust me, I WISH we were advanced enough to have an automated system. You don’t get queues as large as we sometimes have with automations :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, GMs are primarily hands off loot rewards of that nature. There is simply nothing they can assist with. Our Developers can sometimes mitigate something like this system-wide, and on this one, they did what they could.

There were initial bugs, but they worked very quickly to get those sorted.

If you have a bug to report - QA looks at the Bugs Forum. That is where something like this should be reported. Do note, however, that’s to fix an issue - not individual cases.

12 Likes