Customer support not following posted refund policy?

I race changed this character from Undead to Orc and don’t like the way it looks and wanted to revert. I looked up the refund policy for race changes and says they are refundable. Here is the policy:

World of Warcraft Game Services

We’ll refund certain World of Warcraft services within three days of purchase. Examples include:
Race, Name, or Faction Changes
Character Transfers
Guild Name Changes

A refund will revert the service your character or guild received.

I submitted the refund request 1 day after I purchased and used it. Every ticket I file says it’s already been consumed and they cant refund. Am I misreading the policy?

1 Like

Did you reach out to Billing? This sounds right up their ally. I went ahead and read the policy here:

And while at the top states “If you haven’t used it” Your relevant purchase claims it will undo any changes made upon a refund being made. I will admit the terminology is confusing me as well.

The only exceptions I can think of is if you had your refund privliges revoked due to ToS violations or if you received the race change in a bundle, which would count as you ‘claiming’ the entire bundle and therefore void your return.

4 Likes

These generally apply to character services that you purchased, but have not used yet. Character Transfer Tokens, Character Faction or Race Change Tokens.

11 Likes

Can you help me understand what I am missing? The refund policy says they will undo the change and refund the money if it’s within 3 days of purchase.

If you used the race change, then it’s non-refundable. If you didn’t use it, then it would be within 3 days. It sounds like you might have used it though and want a refund.

6 Likes

To expand on what Perl said: It’d be akin to Buyer’s remorse. There was ways to easily test the race in-game by making a toon of said race and playing around with it. And if you don’t like the gear of such, there are websites to place armor/weapons on a given race to see how it looks before going through with it.

2 Likes

I think Perl is correct here. Matches what we’ve seen here previously.

Further, looking at what Vrak linked it specifically mentions no help with character service mistakes. Since race change is a character service, once used, it is used and done.

5 Likes

Right, if you don’t use the change token you bought. Once you use the token, then you are stuck with your decision.

They don’t refund for “not liking” something. They refund when you intended to buy a faction change but bought a race change token instead. That token is sitting there unused on your char screen. Things like that.

Using it means they won’t refund it.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m moving on from this just disappointed, lesson learned. Just seems odd to include this line if the intent was to never refund for used items.

A refund will revert the service your character or guild received.