Custom sound files not working

Prediction:
Some addon dev is going to get so pissed, they will make a huge addon that combines MuteSoundFile and the database of WoW.tools and make very bloaty addon where the player can search for sounds to be deleted in-game and just click boxes.
People would export their profiles so others can save countless hours.
The addon will be wildly successful.
Whoever made this would be a rock star in the fame vein as Funkydude MirrorM or Resilke etc etc
Maybe, like Weakauras, the options can be a separate addon to address bloat.
I’d make it myself but not enough skills. But the way things are going, you know an addon is gonna be made to address this gaping hole.
ESPECIALLY when Vulperas go live. I’m getting an ulcer just thinking about that.

anytime! and no I am not, just a fellow player who likes to mute certain sounds and found the first guy I linked post so I just copy pasted it so I could post it and still give him credit, the only thing I did was look up the worgen sniff sounds.

Start on that page and see which sound it is, if it is listed.

1 Like

I don’t care about muting sounds personally. All I want to hear is my freaking Vanilla bow sounds and the full-throated roar of a Remington 12-gauge I used for my gun. Right now, they sound like the pops from a pea-shooter nerf gun. Please update on this, Blizzard!

I have been searching for a “main” thread and I believe this is it, so let’s continue posting here and spreading it around!

2 Likes

Are we permitted to do this? Isn’t this considered editing a game file?

I’ve been looking to turn down raid warnings from DBM/Bigwigs for ages. I literally keep my game at 40% just because of that.

This is what someone said about it in another thread.

2 Likes

Correct. Overriding sounds has been an intentional feature of the engine since day 1. Since no files are actually getting modified, it doesn’t break the TOS in any manner.

3 Likes

I never in a million years would have guessed so many people felt the same ways about sounds as me. I thought I was just a strange one. Sorry I havent been active been silenced for like 4 or 5 days but thats another mater that I am waiting for a return call from a blizz CS manager I have been in email contact with.

I really do hope we get some kind of feedback from blizz about this cuz these hunter sounds are god awful.

3 Likes

I knew we would always have a strong voice, due to various threads I have seen over the years as well as the massive volume and numbers replacement sound files and add-ons get all the time. I love it though! :slight_smile:

I never know when to shut up see above comment when I am passionate about something its even worse. im like 35 or something going on 12

1 Like

I don’t think it’s really all that unusual or strange. We hear these sounds tens of thousands of times over the course of playing the game, so if some of them irk you it’s a pretty big deal, but the sound also adds a lot to the game so you don’t want to use the “sledgehammer” option of disabling sound altogether.

yeah I cant play in silence I dont understand the people that play with no sound at all

4 Likes

Ias others mentioned, it wasn’t editing anything. We altered nothing in the game files and there were a bunch of “addons” that did this same thing and were approved for use.

Now Blizz better give us this feature back.

2 Likes

Yes, please. I am tired of hearing my dragon puke every time I mount it.

2 Likes

It’s annoying yes, but if it bothers you to the point of not playing then I suggest muting sound all together?? Seems kinda silly…that or you really really don’t care about playing WoW and if that’s so then why get so upset?

There’s a huge difference between muting some sounds versus having no sounds. This is an axis of customization that has been part of the game for many years that was nuked for no good reason.

4 Likes

Thank you all for providing the addon and the file tools to look for the sound files. This was game breaking for me and I can enjoy my warriors again without the massively annoying 4 seconds long idiotic yells during charge.

Thanks again

I just want to change my sounds again to something usable not a damn pop gun. Bimsy people like u that say stupid stuff like that are part of the problem. IF you dont get it dont even bother posting here

3 Likes

I Just want my playsoundfile macros to work again i have a ton of the boss voices on macros and now they are all broken.

Are… are you okay?

1 Like