Cursing in public chat channels

Make another chat box, unclick everything, use that, ta-da

1 Like

You’re really reporting people for cursing? Why don’t you turn your profanity filter back on and stop crying about it?

1 Like

Make another box for ur kids and put only general/combat log. Ez .

General is a issue channel only put combat log and blizzard messages.

1 Like

There you go. Problem
Solved. Btw there was literal zoomers getting glad so if ur kids can’t handle that… idk what to say.

Why would you subject your children to strangers on the internet if you want to protect them from these things? Use your brain. :rofl:

3 Likes

The issue is LFG. they have to use it to find dungeons and players are being toxic. The GMs should be watching it.

Several points of advice from an adult:

Parent your own children, its not my job to make sure after work that my in game text matches your children’s tolerance for words.

No one bypasses the chat filter, because no one uses it. I cant even imagine being so fragile, even as a child, to be unable to view PG-13 words.

There are MULTIPLE ways to avoid seeing those mean ole nasty adult words: Profanity filter was created just for you. You can leave trade chat, no one needs to use it over the AH anyway. You could have your children play a more child focused game, rather than a 20 year old game filled with sweaty 35 year old neckbeards (that just seems like a horrible idea imo)

Also, Blizzard hasnt paid for real customer support since probably before this expansion launched the first time around. Its all automated, with zero review, unless your a big streamer and show the world that its automated.

Hope this helps. We all are super glad you asked wow classic WOTLK general forum chat for advice on how to parent. That in itself is a winning move.

3 Likes

This is not a family game, it’s rated T for Teen so if you as a parent are choosing to ignore the ESRB rating then that’s on you. If your teenagers can’t handle cursing or innuendos, a game with the dialogue “ Is that a mana wyrm in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?” might not be for them.

If you want to play actual family games, there are plenty of games rated E for Everyone that might be more your speed.

You wouldnt want your children playing a game with a bunch of turbo neckbeard 35 year olds?

What…are you like…a good parent or something?

1 Like

Play the game snitch

1 Like

Y’all are missing the point…

I was just typing out something similar. This game is for 14 and up. Maybe set them up on Minecraft if you have little ones.

2 Likes

There are two lanes.
Protecting your children or letting them play MMOs.
You must pick one.

3 Likes

cursing in my christian game? not on my watch

1 Like

No as per the raiting board it is unrated chat. It is not blizzards responsibility to keep it clean at all times. As such stuff will happen and you are able to report if enough reports it is removed and they are silenced for a week.

You are a parent if you don’t like that should stop them from going in there.

This can mean you find them groups or you play with them so you can once again find there group.

Lfg is not required you can fourm via a guild that keeps chat clean myn has a 0 tolerance for non of chat for example.

This is YOUR issue and you need to address it.

No, your point is pretty simple. You dislike curse words, eventhough the bible doesnt say you cant say them, and want all of us adults to modify our language, while you ignore the in game tools designed to protect fragile states of minds from scary mean words.

Once called out, you diverted to “think of the children” approach, which further dug a hole for you because what psychopath would have children play this game lol…Like at least let the kid play a mmorpg that other kids play…

No that kids gonna be so cool when he hits high school after having hung out with deranged 35 year olds in an ancient game theyve played the last 20 years. At least he will know all the cool swear words lol.

This is most definitely not a family game.

1 Like

Please stop using common sense and reality please…we can have none of that.

1 Like

ToonTown might be what you’re looking for.