Current Version of Wrath is Great

WoTLK was one of my favorites. I’m in the minority group that was disappointed when they added things like paid name changes and paid transfers. There was a time when you knew the good-and-bad players and their investment into their character meant there was a bit of accountability behind them. Paid name changes and paid transfers were the beginning of chipping away at community in my opinion. RDF being added at ICC changed the realm I was playing on swiftly. While all the paid features still exist, I’m pleased Blizzard isn’t adding RDF.

I wasn’t aware of the controversy around RDF or the debates about “changes” vs “nochanges”, etc. The history of why the game exists in its current form isn’t terribly important to me. I personally like what has been released. It’s been really fun. I hope the numbers prove that Blizz is making the correct decision related to RDF and I hope they keep the game in the current form. The tiny frictions in the original game were part of the experience (like building groups, running to instances, etc). We came back to a fresh realm and getting groups together takes minutes. It’s been a very positive experience.

I say thank you for giving us an opportunity to experience the game again without all the creature comforts of retail. We’re having a great time!

71 Likes

Blizzard is losing money because they don’t have RDF and proper realms set up.

After 3 months when Wrath is a ghost town they will flail in desperation and go I don’t understand, I don’t understand.

And players like yourself will be still be like EVERYTHING IS GREAT everyone not playing are the ones with the issues.

51 Likes

Nah. People are still subbing or the forums wouldn’t have so many people actively playing/complaining.

You’re right. If they don’t change anything about the current version, players like me will still really enjoy this version.

35 Likes

I agree with you op. Great post.

30 Likes

100% right we’ll be there having fun in this great game.

21 Likes

I don’t really know what you’re talking about, who Lemonfont is, or anything about the other nonsense you said, but it’s clear you’re toxic.

I like the game. I don’t mind expressing that sentiment so Blizzard sees a different perspective. If that’s trolling, I guess I don’t care?

15 Likes

Completely ignores all downsides and acts like they don’t exist :white_check_mark:

Long winded post that’s a copy paste of the 5 anti-RDF posts :white_check_mark:

Calls anyone toxic who calls out the troll :white_check_mark:

I wonder if every troll on the forum goes through some kinda boot camp because I swear every time you always see the same post and same response.

Don’t let me ruin your fun though, enjoy yourself on the forums and I hope you get some bites.

22 Likes

Wrath will progress until they release Cata Classic.

No downsides from my perspective. I like the current version.

No one made you read it.

I haven’t called anyone toxic but you so far. So far you’re the only person being toxic? If someone else comes on here with the same tantrum, I’d probably consider them toxic too.

I’m sorry you’re such an unhappy person and hate this game so much that me liking it brings you so much anxiety and angst.

It’s a great game how it is. I’m glad I get a chance to play it like this.

11 Likes

Ah there it is.

Enjoy baiting people :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know what “it” is but if I’m baiting people into liking the game, that’s great!

7 Likes

The game is fun once you get to Outlands and it becomes a bit more streamlined. I mean, people are spending actual money on leveling guides to try and get through azeroth faster. To me, that is not a good thing. I think a good middle ground would be to at least allow RDF for 1-60. After 1 or 2 alts, vanilla really starts to show its age imo. Nobody is going to run stuff like mara, or RFC (if you’re alliancr) or Deadmines (if you’re horde) and that’s just some examples. With RDF it makes all the dungeons more relevant and gives something to do in between questing

3 Likes

To a lot of pro rdf people, we don’t exist. It is literally impossible that we don’t share their opinion and that we believe the advantages of removing rdf outweigh the downsides of it. So they call us trolls, or ignorant, or dumb. Just ignore these insults. Not worth it.

4 Likes

A lot of that friction was part of the original game. It’s nice to have it back. Retail glosses over all this old content and makes its trivial. I’m glad to see that each 80 requires an investment. I think they added heirlooms in Wrath at some point for alts but you still had to make the grind.

2 Likes

Interesting, this is better than OP. This is like the new dog whistle, you can act like you’re some oppressed minority group.

Maybe this should’ve been the post the whole time it would’ve been far more entertaining tbh lol

10 Likes

It’s all good. He’s not bothering me any and he has the right to be miserable. His kind have been here since I started playing this game in the “original” game. In either case, with so much noise on the forums, I think its important that blizz sees both sides. Some of us really like it how it is now. I even like their tickle to the LFG tool; it’s been pretty useful on our server. Quick hop to the stone and group forming is super quick.

4 Likes

Totally agree again.

3 Likes

Well, you responded, so…lol.

3 Likes

I concur with this thread.

The bulletin style group finder they have functions great and gives the player much more control over the group.

RDF takes control of the group(s) and caters to the “gogogoGoGIGIgigifo” players.

I’m enjoying my time greatly without it.

8 Likes

Yeah I was hoping I could be like a “Beware, Troll ahead” warning post.