Current State of Arms Warrior

Whatever you say bud. AoE isn’t but single target is. Without much context I’d say you’re confusing viability of the class vs actual performance. Is the spec viable? Yes. Does it perform as well as alternatives? No, not since they removed executioner’s precision.

5 Likes

They should bring back armor pen and make it a passive. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

^ BUMP! - keep it going

1 Like

While having armor pen back would be great, it’d basically just straight up be a % based damage increase, since our damage is all physical.

How about a mastery that directly increases our crit damage? It could represent us capitalizing on hitting a weak spot on the enemy’s defences and pressing home the attack.

It’s something that I would vastly prefer over our current lame bleed mastery.

4 Likes

I would love our mastery increase raw damage of our abilities.

Say Mortal Strike and Slam only.
I really dislike deep wounds. It is absolute awful mechanic.

Or another idea would be to have our it be an increase to duration of Collosus Smash and bladestorm. or something of sorts. there are so many interesting things you can do with it. but no, we have to have deep wounds

5 Likes

I too would like to hit like a train full of trucks again

2 Likes

I like Deep Wounds because we are able to maintain some pressure on a given target (or group) when we can’t maintain uptime. The issue though is the lack of synergy associated with those bleeds and the lack of “oomph” of those bleeds. (Grievous debuff has the “oomph” I’m hinting at)

Need burst? Detonate
Need heals or Damage Shield? Cash in for a ignore pain like ability
Need to increase ST damage? Stacking bleeds into trauma buff… you see this type of buff over time with focus lens essence minor power.

Victory Rush should be the only self heal and our pvp sustain should come in the form of ignoring damage and forcing a frantic victory rather than rest and reset rinse and repeat.

The problem lies in the fact that every class for some reason must have self healing. The game would be so much better if healing belonged to healers.

Also, pvp isn’t balanced around 1v1

3 Likes

One thing that i hate about deep wound is that its always top the chart of our damage meter. Yet i can’t feel it, all the damage is just ticking at the background, compare to fury spec, which rampage skill is their top damage, when they press the button, they can feel it, and some nice yellow number pop out above enemy. And there is neither passive skill nor azerite trait that interacts with deep wound to encourage us to maintain the uptime while fury got 2 azerite traits that improve rampage skill and had synergy with other skill/rotation.

And i really hope slam or whirlwind could give us somekind of legion’s trauma talent that top up the damage of deep wound. Is always the massive gimp to the dps unless you got a lot of crushing assault trait which need to fight with TOM trait that already occupy 3 out of 6 of the trait that we could take.

5 Likes

Going to suggest it again because it was mentioned…

Arms should have ignore pain baseline. It fits our fantasy and it does not require a shield. Currently you need to spec into avatar and have BOM to get an IP.

This is a stretch but I’d love arms to have the ability “suppress pain” made famous by my fellow orc “dorp”

Arms warriors should

• Hit slower
  • Hit harder

Deep wounds is fine but it

• Should function more like Fire-Mage Ignite
  • Be triggered by all major abilities

Rend should stack.

I don’t like the dynamic between Mortal Strike and Rage nor how Rage functions. To get effective burst you should have to strategically pool rage. Yes I realize you can still pool rage and be strategic about how it’s used but it is NOT like it used to be. People can be pretty effective playing an Arms warrior without ever paying attention to how much they have.

Healing and damage mitigation in the game is way too high and giving Warriors more of these things doesn’t fix that problem.

2 Likes

Not at all. It is a terrible bleed design that resets every time we use MS making us lose out on a lot of damage. Turn it into a spell or have it only apply once off MS and doesn’t reapply until it’s duration is over.

2 Likes

So leave arms with no healing or mitigation?

No arms has a huge gap in defense

1 Like

Have not heard this suggest but i really like the idea. could up dps in pve and make people fear war’s in pvp like they use to.

1 Like

That is the exact problem I have with it, which is why my points about it are:

• Should function more like Fire-Mage Ignite
  • Be triggered by all major abilities

For reference, when the Ignite dot is refreshed, it adds the new damage to the old one. The fact that deep wounds results in so much lost damage is very irritating.

2 Likes

I really wouldn’t mind being left with our terrible healing / mitigation if we actually had better offensive pressure or utility to make up for it.

3 Likes

An ability that allows you to consume the remaining Deep Wounds DoT as a self heal would be great, maybe call it Bloodthirst? Oh wait.

Heroic Leap should have a 5-10 yard knockback or cause a daze effect. It’s just a Leap otherwise.

Bring back Shattering Throw. Period.

2 Likes

One of my favorite specs and class to play , I’m a shammy ., monk , pally, war player . You’ve said it , we are over powered in the wet noodle department . Not sure how that’s possible as warrior should be in the top 6 of Dps classes for either spec .

What is this supposed to mean, because it makes no sense at all.

Arms shouldn’t be last in Dps rankings, is that understandable now ?

1 Like

No, because it’s not last in dps rankings. Anywhere.