Curious About How Active Alliance Is On WrA

Hey there everyone,

I’ve been active on WrA since the launch of WotLK (played on Scarlet Crusade during Van/TBC) and called it home until WoD when I took an extended hiatus because of work/having children.

I’ve finally got time to play again, and am stuck on which server to drop into. Right now I’m on Moonguard and I’d say it might just be too busy for me … however reading certain forum posts here and on Reddit, you’d believe that Alliance side WrA is completely dead these days.

I’m mainly looking for causal walk-up RP, and hopefully finding a group of relaxed players to join in a guild. While I enjoy how BUSY Moonguard feels, it’s often like I’m lost in the noise and overwhelmed, but I also don’t want to be on a dead realm.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Alliance WRA is not dead. You can find RP in Stormwind at most hours of the day. However there’s no denying it’s gotten quiet. Quieter at least than it was a couple of expansions ago.

Still, if you walk around Stormwind you’re more likely to find Alliance RP than not. Particularly in the hubs - the Mage District, Cathedral District and Park probably being the most significant.

There’s also server efforts to keep Alliance RP going! I certainly love this server and intend to stick around, on both factions! I think Alliance WRA is definitely worth a go. Good luck with your decision!

7 Likes

That’s a bummer to hear it’s gotten quieter … I remember during WotLK and Cata it was such a booming server for RP.

However you make a wonderful point, even if it’s quiet … I’d much rather be a part of “something bigger” trying to keep the RP alive on a server I used to love, than just be added noise on another server that is bursting at the seams with players.

I don’t think it’s too quiet. I play odd hours, late evening into 1 or 2am PST and I’ve never had a hard time spotting RP.

The quietness recently is more due to less people playing because of expac boredom, but the pre pre patch sorted that out. At least for a week ish.

But yeah. There’s actual quality RP to be had, easily. I will say our guild tends to RP with ourselves first due to a guild storyline, and then some might make it to town when they’re free. I can’t imagine we’re the only guild doing that.

All that to say: there’s totes RP.

4 Likes

WrA Alliance isn’t dead. A lot of the doomsayers will say this either because it’s comparatively quieter than it used to be or because they’re comparing too hard to Moon Guard, but you’ll find plenty of RP any time of day

If you want an active realm that isn’t as busy as Moon Guard you’ll be happy here. Roll a character over here and check it out :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

It’s been ramping up since the mini pre-patch OP. Lot of folks seem to be leveling atm though.

1 Like

Awesome, that’s exactly what I was hoping to hear! Active, just not so much as MG.

1 Like

Folks say it’s quiet, but it still seems pretty busy at most hours to me. I don’t know how difficult it will be to find the perfect fit guild for you, but you definitely will not find yourself alone in Stormwind City and the AH has plenty of goods on it.

2 Likes

I have literally no idea why folks think RP on A-side is dead. Its completely untrue. I do think that A-side public events are not advertised as well in comparison to the Horde, but that doesn’t meant it is dead.

I never have any problem finding casual RP.

7 Likes

That’s good to hear! You bring up a good question I had, I’ve read that most of the RP to be found is guild based with not a whole lot of walk up to be found. And what walk-up there is can be cliquish. Any truth to that?

Nah. Honestly you should just try it yourself.

I find that many bad reviews from walkup RP are either from those that aren’t skilled enough to judge a walk RP as something that’s their speed before joining or are problems themselves and view everyone around them as the issue.

If you put “reading a book” in your TRP and just sit on a curb by the bar you’ll have a rough time, but if you’re outgoing and mindful of the type of RP you’re joining you’ll do great.

2 Likes

There’s RP happening at all hours on all days Alliance side. The type of RP, quality and people RPing vary greatly. Hit or miss depending on what you’re looking for.

3 Likes

I transferred here about a week ago on a whim (random late night sudden decision) simply because the atmosphere I saw roaming around Stormwind, so the Alliance side (as far as this city is concerned) is definitely active.

I grabbed that TRP plugin because I figured I was missing out on something and lo and behold – I was. I can’t say I’ve seen someone who doesn’t have “Walk ups welcome!!” or “Encouraged” in their OOC box.

I think you’ll find something, for sure if you’re hoping to experience random RP across the city.

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying my time on Wra-A. Walk up is easy to find and the guild scene is healthy.

1 Like

The other day I was taking a pretty new character who couldn’t fly yet from the portal room to the harbor. When I’m not RPing I try to avoid riding through people who are, as to not disrupt them, but this time the entire way from the mage tower, through the park, and to the harbor I couldn’t avoid it, I was practically tripping over people RPing the entire time. Seems fairly alive to me.

1 Like

alliance is sleepy. it’s chill.

there’s a lot if you’re willing to look.

plenty quality guilds to go around these days

2 Likes

Can’t speak for all of the Alliance, but the Dwarven community is alive and well. We’ve got two tavern nights - one Fridays at 6 in the Cask ‘n’ Anvil in Ironforge, and one in Anvilmar (in the back room) Sundays at 6. Good place to come meet new folks (Dwarves and non-dwarves alike).

3 Likes

Can confirm, the dwarf community is great. Love you guys!

1 Like

Oooh, dwarf community is news to me. Maybe I will come be nosy.

1 Like

The Alliance just hasn’t been the same since Anduin started sacrificing people for the Light in the Cathedral District.

1 Like