Curious About How Active Alliance Is On WrA

Are you kidding? Between that and the naked succubus light pole dancers, the Cathedral District is one of the most family friendly sources of entertainment this side of the back tents of the Darkmoon Faire!

4 Likes

I will say that one thing Alliance on WrA has over Alliance on MG is the sheer amount of neutral RP offered. I don’t think MG has a big enough Horde community to offer as much chances to have crossfaction RP, and I find that’s a big draw for me. Even if Horde is bigger and livelier on WrA, the fact that a lot of guilds have neutral events means you’ll never be without RP.

4 Likes

This is a big one! I’m pretty sure there’s even a crossfaction Argent Crusade guild!

3 Likes

Honestly the change that has made me from from Alliance to Horde was the entire ordeal. There was a prolonged, 5-week event that occurred throughout Stormwind ranging from Janurary into Feburary where Anduin was just sitting in the Cathedral Square. When people would try to talk to him they’d instantly die. One of my friends ended up dying multiple times over and asking why it was happening.

Finally at the last week anyone zoning into Stormwind would be teleported into the Cathedral and made to watch alongside others as procession of level 10 Gnome Warlocks, Mages and Warriors were made to run into a portal that said “Argus” as Anduin kept complimenting that they’re doing the Light’s work while they just went through portals held up by Dwarven Warlocks and Illidari.

That doesn’t even explain how during the end of it Anduin kept turning around in circles while proclaiming that although 45,000 Gnomish people have sacrificed themselves to ensure Argus would be purged of Fel we must also still fight the Horde to a standstill due to attacks on Outland by the Legion. I tried to leave multiple times during this speech alongside others as we were given movement during the latter half but we kept being teleported back. Genn Greymane arrived and we thought something would happen but he just kept transforming back and forth from human to worgen form while jumping up and down, off a light post.

So essentially this ends and we think it’s okay because we’ll finally be able to do what we wanted but Anduin reappears again before we can leave and declares that he needs our money to finance his war. Everyone got cleaned out of their money and i’ve been wondering why this happened as I had 50k. As Anduin turned to leave he just gave his farewells and all the elite guards around the perimeter turned hostile and started one shotting low-levels and netting the higher players who tried to mount or hearth. I eventually died to about 9 of them and I was taken to Silverpine Forest where I could resurrect from the Spirit Healer.

Needless to say this is why Alliance RP on Wyrmrest Accord is dead.

5 Likes

Still better than BFA

2 Likes

that hurt my head SO much

Having just came back, I can say Alliance RP isn’t dead. I’ve had no issue finding people to RP with when I walk around SW and actually try. There’s plenty of RP and guilds around.

1 Like

While not approaching the activity that Horde reaches, a lot of Alliance players are coming back for prepatch, and whatnot, my guild is very active during the twillight hours of sever time and we always have people for keys, rp, raids, whatever, and we’re not the only ones.

Gotta check it out, my son

2 Likes

In all seriousness, WrA is unique in that we’re not really bound by the stated time zone of the Realm itself. We really are a more global community of Roleplayers, so what feels like ought to be peak hours for the server can not be, depending on the day.

3 Likes

Haven’t read all the replies yet, but a few I have read have already summed it up. The Ally side of WRA gets sleepy and goes into like, a hibernation sort of phase near the end of an expac. Happened at the end of WoD, and Legion too. Sadly I think this one was much more noticable due to how BFA, well was as an Expansion.

Although Ally side, again as others have already stated. Is ramping back up and RP can be found in Stormwind pretty easily. There are also communities for the Dwarves and Night Elves in their respective Ingame/Discord Communities that do events, and the such outside of the current city hub. There is a third one I saw recently but morning brain is too asleep to remember which group is about again.

Hope this helps! o/

It’s hard to argue that the Dwarf community on WRA is anything but great, when the Cask ‘n’ Anvil went unnamed for over a decade before the WRA Dwarf community got it named that thru popular support.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the replies everyone! Wife and I took the leap and rolled two new characters on WrA. Thanks again for all your inputs and don’t be afraid to say hi if you see Elbrinya or Wildbringer walking around or questing :smiley:

6 Likes

Up until recently I played Alliance full time on WrA, and I have never had a problem getting RP Alliance-side. Frankly, I almost preferred it to Horde-side because it was a bit more close-knit. You saw the same people over and over, and you have the opportunity to make a name for yourself in the community, more-so than you do on Horde-side.

I’m presently enjoying Vulpera, but honestly… I wish they were a neutral race like Pandaren, because I’d absolutely be playing it on Alliance-side if it were possible.

4 Likes

WrA-Alliance is lively. I am not sure why folks say it’s dead but you can walk around Stormwind (if you are into city-rp) and find people all over. Sure, mostly in the evenings on the weekdays and pretty much free-game on the weekends. With the latest updates to the game, I think a lot of people have started returning as well.

We have a lot of faction neutral, and alliance side RP events that are advertised a lot through here and on tumblr (mostly where I see it). The community is pretty good overall and having been here for 10 years now, I’ve been pretty happy on both sides of the fence really.

Hope you find what you are looking for. Many guilds are recruiting and such as well. Take care!

1 Like

I think like…most Vulpera players wished this, myself included.

1 Like

Welcome! I’ve seen a few Tumblrs where people are vehemently trying to argue the idea that WRA-A is dead but honestly it seems more like they’re trying to convince themselves of it. I’ve been to dead RP servers and while Alliance can be quiet at times it’s nowhere near dead. It’s definitely not as busy as MG-A but honestly it’s probably for the best. Alliance has a lot of RP opportunities on WRA and I’ve found the Cathedral District, the park and the Mage Quarter to be the best for RP. Enjoy your time here!

2 Likes

I think the major issue with getting the word out is that the Roleplayers Network, the largest community on the server for RP, is perpetually full, and that’s where a lot of the calendar is from. They have a post on Tumblr as well, but Tumblr’s taken a severe hit to its relevance since that NSFW purge from last year. We need the event calendar to be brought back here to the forums, where it’ll be a tiny bit more visible. But that’s just one old school returning Cata vet’s opinion.

Gwyneth just created a LFRP community for Alliance. You can checked it out at: [A/H] LFRP the In-Game Community

I recently returned to the game and have, so far, found the roleplay on Alliance side to be very good! There aren’t as many people on at any given time when compared to Moon Guard, but the roleplay has been abundant. I have not had any problems drumming up walk-up roleplay either. In fact, all the walk-up RP I’ve encountered so far has led to RP friendships/stories! I have definitely been enjoying time here on Alliance side. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The last time I was in Stormwind (a few days ago) I got hit on by 3 different people so I’d say that’s a pretty good indicator of the faction’s liveliness.

Don’t worry we have a troubling amount of jackbutts who will insult you on Alliance too.

1 Like