CS Told me to post here about Friends & Family alpha issue

I’ll post a slightly redacted version of my ticket, and CS response.

My ticket:

I believe that my alpha invite sent me to some sort of dev realmlist. My F&F contact told me to see if CS could help. Both attached photos photos show that I should have access to the alpha realmlist and servers, but it’s displaying what I assume to be some sort of dev realmlist, or at least something that I shouldn’t be seeing.
In the screenshot titled “realms.png” you see the realmlist I see when trying to login. On the screenshot “alphabattlenet.png” is my current battlenet launcher. When I launch the alpha from the bnet launcher it sends me to that realmlist picture you see attached. None of my other alt accounts do this, if I try to log into them from my alpha .exe, then it shows me the PTR realmlist like normal.

Response:

Greetings [me],
This is Game Master [GM] from Blizzard Entertainment.
Thank you for reaching out to us today.:slight_smile:

From what I can see that you encountered an issue in PTR, which I’ll be more than happy to assist you with that. (✿◠‿◠)

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your patience with waiting to hear back from us, and I am astonished with your dedication that you are with us for 15 years now which is amazing to witness a veteran like you.

Moreover, I would like to kindly inform you that Blizzard Customer Support cannot assist with bugs in the Alpha, Beta, or PTR clients.

If you encounter a bug while playing the Alpha, Beta, or PTR, please report it through the in-game bug report option or in the specific In Development forum (only in English). (https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/in-development/23)

I’m sorry that you may have encountered any kind of inconvenience with us. We never intended to. :slight_smile:
Wishing you an excellent time and exciting, thrilling adventures!

Do not hesitate to contact us anytime for any further inquiries.
Have a nice day [me], meet you in the battlefield (ง︡’-'︠)ง
Your GM [GM].

I have to post on my main account because my alt account does not have a subscription. I stopped using that account as my main for a long time, but it’s my F&F account so I just kept it as is. Also I can’t post on the development forum, even though my client shows alpha. Just tried to post an imgur link to the images in the ticket, but I can provide them to a CS member to wants to help me out. Here’s the URL code to the imgur links if you wanna input it manually. /a/cosmEI3 you just put that after the domain.

Thank you!

Sorry to say, but CS isn’t able to help with alpha. That’d be more the Devs area and who they let in. The CS staff mainly handle the live game.

2 Likes

You can actually post on any of the Support-related forums without a sub :wink:

That said, the only person that can actually help you would be your friend’s and family contact. CS is completely hands-off when it comes to alpha and beta invites (something that your F&F contact should really already know).

5 Likes

It looks like the alpha realms are down, which will happen quite frequently, with or without notice.

The account which has alpha access should also be given access to the In Development Forum, so you will need to use that account and post there, as directed. If that account does not have access to that forum, then you may need to get in contact with whoever gave you access to the alpha.

5 Likes

I meant on the alpha forum, but I didn’t check CS. I assumed you needed a sub too lol, makes sense