[CS Lounge] Summer Party

We still have those operating I do believe. Living near the Okefenokee Swamp ensures we never have a shortage of mosquitos.

1 Like

First summer cold been feeling off for the last couple of days today plugged up and just feeling ick better go away before my vacation starts next week.

2 Likes

Canā€™t decide if I want to try to go to the park on Wednesday. Itā€™s sounding like itā€™s a slow day in the bulk of the park. Iā€™m wondering if too many people decided to wait on the crowd and thus moved the crowd back.

1 Like

Hmm, just noticed something I had never noticed before.

Was standing next to hubbyā€™s DH while we were in town between runs. I dismissed my demon and I heard a different farewell voice line than he did. Each time I dismissed a demon we would hear different voice lines.

Guess I just always assumed they would be the same.

2 Likes

Itā€™s been like that for years. I think the client software randomly picks a line from the appropriate list when it gets the instruction from the server.
Iā€™ve heard it echo over voice-chat when I change cheerleaderā€™s attack or seduce target.

2 Likes

Friday is the big day. Pre-Op tomorrow. Iā€™m getting pretty nervous. Instead of worrying about things today, I pushed myself out of my WoW comfort zone and healed some BFA dungeons on my 112 priest and did some battlegrounds on alts. I usually do solo play these days. And I acquired Feathers.

6 Likes

Well, havenā€™t used voice chat since I raided during MoP and I guess just never really paid that much attention to the dialogue when hubby and I play. Nonetheless, was interesting thing to notice.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Iā€™ve actually wondered if other players can hear the Monk class mount, Ban-Lu, as he talks a lot and always says something when you dismount too.

Iā€™ve been trying to kick this stupid cough now for a couple of weeksā€¦I hate summer colds!!

Iā€™ve got a field trip to a berry farm tomorrow with my sonā€™s class. Itā€™s a big placeā€¦wish me luck! Allegedly Iā€™m supposed to show back up to the bus with the same number of kids as I left with. One of them is mine, so Iā€™d argue Iā€™ve got a little leeway :wink: Haha!

3 Likes

Good luck at least im ready to hit 8.2 running weather or not its after work or if i call in sick, if i feel like this tommorow likely calling in.

2 Likes

I remember those too the government really gave it their all then.

I remember back in the late 1960ā€™s they would use the old Wileyā€™s Jeeps and mount these on the back and drive them up and down through the neighborhoods and us kids (Ages 8 - 12) would ride our bikes behind them in the fog that they blew, When I think about it now I know how stupid we were as kids doing it but also wonder why they never tried to stop us or even yell for us to stop.

1 Like

I despise summer colds (Well all colds but especially summer). Hands Darth a get well potion to drink, Bottoms up! :beer:

3 Likes

Man can I sympathize with that. Everything in my kitchen is designed to generate heat. Steamer, self explanitory. 2 ovens with flat top and 6 professional burners are next. Next to that is a fryer. And next to that is a 2 more ovens.

On the next wall is our hotbox to keep the food warm. And across from all of this is our ice machine. As you know it makes ice by pulling heat out of the water.

But the kicker is our vent hood. It runs the length of all the equipment from steamer to last set of ovens. It circulates air, so it is constantly pulling heat up off of all these devices, while simultaneously pulling fresh air to blow down on me. From outside. Where is is 90.

Your fridge is not enough for me. I go sit in our freezer where it is -12 or so. Sadly I get no signal in there.

5 Likes

Gonna be a rough 7 daysā€¦overspent this month. So itā€™s eating ramen, drinking water, and not driving if I have too. Going into college scrimping mode.

1 Like

Yeah no signal but it sure does feel good doesnā€™t it MastadĆ“n.

I can take the heat for a good while working but when itā€™s time to sleep I like it cool so I installed a window air conditioning unit just for the wife and our bedroom set at 68; Wife sleeps good all snuggled up with a big sheet, quilt & comforter while I just sleep in under the sheet and quilt and also have a fan blowing on my face, Always slept with a fan like that since I was a kid.

You can always put on enough to stay warm but to sleep on a bed with no covers and no air circulating is something that I just canā€™t do.

Ouch, I feel for ya, I really do, I remember the days when I would walk the roads picking up soda bottles to turn in for the deposit to earn a little money when times were tough but thereā€™s not much you can pick up anymore along the roads at least not here in the Carolinas. Aluminum cans were a thing at one time but I hear now not many will buy them anymore.

Hope things get better for ya Thundertotem.

1 Like

It would be for me but being the servers arenā€™t coming back up until 6 pm EST it would be a wasted day here that is unless you worked 2nd or 3rd shift. Day after tomorrow would be a better day for me but hey Iā€™m here 24/7 so it doesnā€™t matter, Just got to make sure Momā€™s taking care of in between, I installed a baby monitor so I could hear her calling for me in between my routine checks on her.

Thanks! I have been in worse situations before. Itā€™s just seven days, Iā€™ll make it.

1 Like

Hope & Pray that everything goes smoothly for you Aryalanthu, Iā€™ve been put under or 4 major surgeries, They gave me something to calm me down during my first op but Iā€™ve never needed anything after that first surgery, They will help you with the worry part when you go in, just let them know youā€™re nervous.

Talk to you when you get out

1 Like

I remember in my teens having to go to the place where they recapped tires and pick through their pile until I would find some with enough thread left to drive on for a few months, Tough times during that recession.

Well, got my neck to 50 and finished the Saurfang / Sylvanas chain that has been available thus far. Took me this long to decide exactly how Kyzera would feel about all this upheaval in her faction.

Spoiler~*~FOR THE DARK LADY~*~

Time for a little bit of rest now. Considering replacing my hard drive today. If that goes well, I will be back online in time for patch. If not, well ā€“ gonna be a very sad Blood Elf.

2 Likes