[CS Lounge] A New Year! 20-Years of WoW!

NS here. We had over 1.5 meters of snow over a month ago. It’s almost all gone now - between above zero temperatures and rain. They keep predicting snow now and we don’t get it. We have gotten rain instead of it a few times.

I’m in the US and in my area I had spring weather until january, then had about three weeks of freezing cold with constant flash snowstorms, and then went right back to spring weather where it cannot stop raining now. It has been warm most of the wintertime here.

We had nasty storms come through today … dropped a ton of rain :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: and we had tornado :tornado: warnings. Our property is soaked to the brim - feels like we are gonna float away into the Swamp at any minute.

2 Likes

That reminds me, I should probably go put on the dehumidifier in the basement! All this rain and the soil is so very very wet.

2 Likes

Didnt pei get like 6ft in one day.

1 Like

Well, it finally came to head. After me, my sister discussed the situation with him, Dad requested to be put in a nursing home. After his heart attack 2 weeks ago, we have had at least 5 EMS requests to my house for falls. He’s so weak right now. Even the EMS said I am in way over my head with his care, not for the lack of trying. I’m sooo tired and emotional exhausted right now. I wanna play some wow, but I’m too wiped to do anything at this point.

15 Likes

Possibly. I know the two highest measurements of snow were 1.5 and 1.7 meters in Nova Scotia. PEI is “close” to where I am. You have to be careful at one of the beaches near here. You can end up with roaming charges there because you can get picked up on a PEI cell tower instead of an NS cell tower.

I saw some big snow drifts hit FB that had me going they had how much.

Big, big bro-hug my friend.

Taking care of our parents is not easy. I know all that you’ve shared and been through over the last while and it’s okay to feel the way you’re feeling.

I’m glad that your sister is able to help and that your dad is on the same page.

It’s not an easy choice, that’s for sure. But everything for a reason. That’s how I feel at least. The universe gives us what we need, when we need it, both good and bad.

6 Likes

Oh geez, is that this weekend already?!?

Same :yawning_face:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Time shifts again, and your doom draws near!

1 Like

I was out and about today, went to my favorite haunts (the LFGS). I was watching a game being played between some friends. A woman (about my age) approached me, asking what was being played, and I explained the game to her and she was like “wow, that’s cool”. We talked for a while, having a good conversation over some Diet Pepsi. Then she asked for my number, I was like cool, new gaming friend. I gave it to her, and she immediately calls my phone to verify the number. Then she says goodby and leaves.

Then it dawned on me, I was like “Did that just happen?”. My friends saw the whole exchange, and was grinning ear to ear. Now my anxieties are through the roof, The last date I went on was when I was 15 years old and the girl bailed on me mid-date with another guy. I’m 55+ now, and she just texted me to maybe meet to have dinner. I’m freaking out…

15 Likes

Just breathe … you got this!

6 Likes

You got this chica, just relax and let what ever comes your way happen. Remember we all got your back.

4 Likes

Do your research! Voice of experience.

3 Likes

Happy Daylight Savings Time Sunday in the US!

Ugh. Thankfully this is the one that does not distress our pets. They get fed early if anything.

Beverages for all!

:coffee: :teapot: :bubble_tea:
:dracthyr_tea:

5 Likes

I was levelling an alt last night/this morning and logged off around 2 a.m.

Went to the bathroom for a couple minutes, then looked at my phone and it was 3:15. How long was I in there??? :slight_smile: :rofl: :rofl:

Always a silver lining.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Is there a way to contact the forum moderation team? For years, I’ve been pointing out that it’s wrong to circumvent restrictions to bring premade raids into random bgs. It’s harmful to the PvP community. Recently, my posts have started getting removed even though I’ve been saying the same thing for a long time. I’d just like some clarification.

1 Like