[CrossRP] Weekend Sermons [Sat/Sun 14:00 ST]

Every weekend, I will be hosting a service at Tyr’s Hand, in the Chapel either Saturday or Sunday at 14:00 (2 pm) server time. The Chapel is the small building at the bottom of the hill the Cathedral sits upon. The event will always begin with a Sermon given by myself, or a guest preacher, and will be followed by a question and answer session. Following the main body of the service, social RP will always be held, and these will be open to everyone, even for those are not interested in the Sermon itself. They will take the form of Seminary Classes, a ceremony for someone, or plans for charitable acts; it all depends on who attends. We might also run dungeons after the Social if people want.

All are welcome, both Alliance and Horde (See Cross-RP link below), and my goal for this Holy RP is for it to be a social event. I do not intend conflict to be a part of this RP, and thus if you wish to attend with a traditionally “Dark” character such as a Warlock, Demon Hunter, Shadow Priest, Undead or Ren’Dorei you are welcome, but please consider why your character would want to participate in Holy RP. I am not against conflict emerging, but I will not facilitate it without good IC reasons, and the OOC consent of attendees; and if it proves disruptive to the intent of the event, then participants in such conflict will be barred.

I am also happy to help people use such a gathering to further their character’s development, but please contact me first so we can establish a broad script: A general goal, some essential story points to touch on, and just some ground rules. However, although I am happy for people to share the spot-light, the sermon will always occur, as will the Q & A session, so the intent of the event is preserved, and everyone has a chance at Role Play.

A discord server exists for those interested in being guest preachers, so please feel free to contact myself (Aendys) for a link to said Discord. I hope for these sermons to be the start of a larger Holy RP project, but those ideas will be discussed in the Discord.

Hope to see anyone interested on the weekend. Apologies for how early the event is, but it is for the benefit of myself at the moment. Events at Peak Server time will hopefully happen given time.

Summary:
Type: Sermon/Social
Day: Every Weekend, either Saturday or Sunday.
Time: 14:00-16:00 Server Time (2-4 PM)
Discord: Anar’Alah (Contact Aendys for invite)
Cross-RP community link: https://blizzard.com/invite/xMGWlv3tRZ3 Planned Sermons:

Sunday, 2nd December at 2PM Server Time. The theme is on the power of the Light.

Brother Aendys put on a great service, very organized, knowledgeable of the Light, and welcoming to all who would hear its teachings. One of my characters began his path to redemption in the Light because of his words last week.

It's a great opportunity for character development and meeting connections in a relaxed setting. Zaahak will be attending for the first time very soon!
10/10
Thank you both for the endorsements, and I look forward to meeting Zaahak soon. I am glad to have been a part of a character's story; it is the most rewarding aspect of this sort of event.

All the events for November are now planned:

Sunday, 4th November (2 PM ST): Hallow’s End Themed Service with a Remembrance Social following.

Sunday, 11th November (2 PM ST): Sermon on the Dogmas of the Holy Light followed by a lecture.

Sunday, 18th November (2 PM ST): The concepts of holiness, protection, justice, retribution, and compassion as the foundations of the Philosophy of the Church. This will be followed by a discussion on how our characters embody these ideas, or in fact fail to.

Saturday, 24th November (TBD): Orgrimmar Spirit Circle: All Shaman, Druids, Sunwalkers, Priests, and Paladins are invited to come and share their spiritual heritage with their brethren in the Horde. The event will occur in the Valley of Wisdom.

Sunday, 25th November (2 PM ST): The darkness, and why do people retreat into it's embrace. This will be followed by a discussion on redemption, and penance.
Just a reminder that the Tyr's Hand Sermon is on today, at 2 PM Server Time. Here is an invite to the Cross-Rp Channel: https://blizzard.com/invite/amRPyj3iELl
Beginning in half an hour. Hope to see you there.
I went to yesterday's sermon, albeit a bit late. It was a fun event and I met a few new people. Looking forward to the next one!
Thank you for the kind words.

A reminder that this is today at 2 PM server time. The Cross-Rp Link: https://blizzard.com/invite/OV7nRvBiG3o

I will be going today. In the middle of a war, it is always good to pause and gather together to understand one another.

1 Like

Thank you for joining us, Orrelius, and I hope you enjoyed yourself.

This coming Sunday will be High Liturgy in the Cathedral. What this means is I need volunteers for the procession; so calling all neutral priests and paladins for aid. Please leave a message here, or get in touch via The Unified Horde Discord.

Hi Aendys,

Will you still be doing the sermon you had planned for the 24th in Orgrimmar?

Durarn was my alt I was playing last night. Didn’t realise it had logged me in as him.

Anyway, yes, I shall still be holding the Orgrimmar Spirit Circle today. It is still 2PM Server time, at the Circle of Wisdom.

1 Like

Sermon is still on for today, 2pm server! We’ll be meeting at the Cathedral this time, at Tyr’s Hand.

The sermon tomorrow will be on the power of the Light. It will be at the Chapel at Tyr’s Hand as usual tomorrow, at 2 PM Server Time.

Cross-RP Invite:https://blizzard.com/invite/gPweJr3fJDp

Sermon will be occurring as scheduled. It will be at Tyr’s Hand chapel. Anyone with interest in hearing the word of the Light is welcome to attend.

Cross-RP required if you are Alliance and encouraged if you are Horde.
invite to Cross-RP group: https://blizzard.com/invite/D23d7exsxkW

Hello all, just a quick update regarding the event due to the issues with Cross-RP at this time. I plan to continue with the Sermons and maintain them as a neutral event; we might just have to run them through communities until the Cross-RP situation is resolved.

I have been running an Alliance proxy, but I am not sure I will have them levelled sufficiently for this Sunday. Once it is, however, I will aim to use which ever character fits the audience: If only Horde show up I’ll use my horde character, and vice-versa. I hope it will not come to such an approach however.

Please see this topic regarding Cross-RP, and show support: Patch 8.1 and Cross-Faction Roleplay - #726 by Zehkuun-wyrmrest-accord

The topic of this Sunday’s Sermon will on the Feast of Winter Veil.

1 Like

Well, it seems to me like Blizzard heard the issues with Cross RP! There’s a potion that they’ve introduced in a hotfix, and so you don’t have to worry about leveling up a new alt. The potion should let players comprehend one another, though I don’t know if it’ll let TRP communicate.

Thank you: I found out the good news today, and it is a relief to say the least. It does have limitations, but it is better to have a means with some, then no means at all.

To any one intending to come, the Vendor you will need to find to get the Elixir of Tongues is Fizzi Liverzapper: whom can be found in the Underbelly in Dalaran.

I shall be buying spares if any are needed but I would appreciated people getting their own supply if they have time. Thank you.

The Sermon today will be at 2 PM Server time, at the Tyr’s Hand Chapel as normal, and the theme will be the Feast of Winter Veil.

More good news: If you update your Cross RP addon, it allows you to understand the /e emotes supposedly if you’re using potions. I’m going to be testing that out today.

It is the holidays, so everyone enjoy whether you attend or not!

Hello every one, there shall be a sermon as usual at 2 PM server time today, at Tyr’s Hand Chapel.

It is a cross-faction event so please have your potions at the ready. I will have spares as will my assistant, just in case, but it is appreciated if you bring your own.

There will be plenty of opportunities to audience participation through out, and we generally have a round robin style discussion at the end, so don’t worry if you are concerned about standing around and reading walls of text. Plenty of chances to talk for every.