Crossfaction Guilds - Will We See a Horde Exodus to MG?

I can see this being a boon for neutral guilds that rp as Argents or Dalaran, etc. And for merchant guilds and even pirates/privateers.

It’ll be more streamlined.

I love how people talk as if MG Horde isn’t thriving now when it clearly is.

3 Likes

I just can’t wait to dance on the roof of the inn on Friday nights as a vulpera.

I should come back just to sit on the mailbox like I used to lol. :owl: :mailbox:

1 Like

I’m kind of curious how it will work in practice. A friend and I tested it on PTR where he as a Horde joined my Alliance guild. Despite being in the same guild, same party and PvP off, the guards attacked him both in GS and SW. Others eventually joined us also, trying to find ways not to get jumped by guards but we were unable to. Not sure if that’s working as intended or if it will be changed by the time the patch drops. I am curious to find out.

Edit: also, we could not random queue together for PvP or normal dungeons. We could only do dungeons/raids if we did normal difficulty and walked into them rather than queue.

It’s not an elimination of factions, it is cross faction guilds. You’re not going to fit an orc into Darkshire or stormwind or something. That was never an expectation. Guilds should rp outside of those places if they’re cross faction anyways.

The current functionality for cross faction grouping is for rated PvP and raids/mythics etc. That’s how it works.

4 Likes

Thank you for the response. I have a couple of friends who thought this would be possible, which was the reason we gave it a shot to begin with. For me personally it won’t matter either way. Hopefully my friends are the only ones who thought they’d be able to be in the cities of both factions, otherwise I think there might be some disappointment once it drops :crossed_fingers:

In comparison to MG-A and WRA-H people use walkups as being active. If there are no walk-ups then there is no rp.

Our guild features a RP hub that isn’t centralized in either of the faction cities.

Having those of us with Sin’dorei characters be in our Thalassian elf-themed guild rather than stuck in a Horde guild or forced to make alts on Alliance would be tremendous for our RP potential.

3 Likes

I think what we WILL see is a surge of faction-neutral guilds flourishing. Currently, my guild (neutral private military mercs and all that) and Argent guilds, along with some others have to divide their players into two guilds depending on the member’s faction.

This… really sucks. Even if this is more so for content, it will be nice to have all your members and players under one roof.

3 Likes

I hope so! Having a higher pop that is more available is nothing but healthy in the end. Can’t wait.

1 Like