Cross-realm Mythic Vault of the Incarnates Begins Feb. 14

With the weekly reset in each region the week of February 14, we will enable cross-realm groups in Mythic difficulty Vault of the Incarnates.

This represents a shift in philosophy that has evolved over the last few raid tiers, where we’ve seen the pace at which the Hall of Fame filled up for both factions become unaligned with the timing that we would have chosen for players at large.

We will still maintain a Hall of Fame for this and future raids. To qualify for it in cross-realm groups, you must simply have at least 16 players from the same guild taking part in the raid.

With future raids, we’re looking into a more-scheduled approach for when cross-realm Mythic difficulty becomes available. We want to keep our options open for the timing to vary, since we yet don’t know the circumstances we might observe in the future, but we intend to provide further announcements like this one to give players time to reorganize.

16 Likes

What is the reason for not having mythic be cross realm from the start?

It doesn’t seem to have a lot of value at this point, and the raid ID lockout system is primarily what keeps groups together.

32 Likes

Super glad to see this!

If it only opened up when Alliance HoF filled we’d be waiting until 2033.

10 Likes

Alliance is bad, but horde is at only 39 after this long.

4 Likes

Cross-faction as well or just xrealm?

3 Likes

Remove the lockout restrictions on mythic difficulty please and thank you.

6 Likes

I believe it is already cross-faction since launch.

2 Likes

That is great news thank you! I appreciate you focus mostly on gameplay related issues but can we also get a timeframe for when the next character customization wave will take place? Please relay to the team

1 Like

Yeah, because Raszageth is stupidly overtuned and has an annoying comp check that makes Priests (aka my main class at the moment) mostly incapable of doing this fight without tons of external help.

2 Likes

glad to see alliance wont be sandbagging cross realm anymore

1 Like

How about never limit it? You tune end bosses where the first Mythic bosses are easier then H Rasz. So you should let anyone who wants to pug Mythic cross realm get the ability. Some people are on dead realms and have no option to do Mythic until the cross-realm gets added

8 Likes

They want make money out of realm transfer service :smirk:

5 Likes

I’ll never pay. I wont pay to “fix” a problem that is created by the game itself. I have 16 characters tied to Bloodhoof/Duskwood. They need to merge more realms and fix their dying servers

6 Likes

I end up paying mine, so it’s working. I hate it but what can I do? my server is dead and they don’t care.

1 Like

It’s definately a good start.

Candidly though, the 2nd hardest part about Mythic raiding is getting good enough to do it. The hardest part - by far - for players who have done #2 is finding 19 others who are ALSO good enough to do it and are available at the same time as you.

It’s hard enough for Horde, but it feels like if you’re not the #1 guild on Alliance for your server, you just accept you’re going 3/8 M at most and call it a day. The alternative - from a logistics point of view - is impossible for most.

When are we going to get Cross-Faction Guilding so Alliance players actually have a chance at Mythic Progression beyond entry wing?

5 Likes

Even just checking three alliance heavy servers, that is a false statement. Does anyone ever cite their opinions NOT as fact?

1 Like

Thank you for your post. Yes, it’s my opinion - not a fact. I have edited it to be more clear.

As someone who has attempted to go beyond entry wings in Mythic raiding more than once as Alliance on my medium pop PvP server… and never really had a chance to fail because half the raid night was sitting in the entry of the raid while we furiously tried to find pugs for progression beyond the first 3 bosses before ultimately giving up… that’s been my experience of Mythic Raiding.

5 Likes

me and you both. my main realm is capped with characters and it is dead. it used to have like 30+ guilds all top 500 u.s. and now there is only 1 guild that managed to kill H raz last week. and their raid times are like 3am finish my time. so hell no for me.

would love to hardcore raid again but stuck.

2 Likes

How about week one? Why are you so against having cross realm play M raids on week one?

15 Likes

Because of the pain this has caused me I have to be brutally honest here. The decision to not make cross realm mythic available from the get go makes you as developers look either foolish or ignorant, neither of which are good looks. There is absolutely no valid reason for it not being available from week one and I’m both disappointed and offended that even after the changes that have taken place both within the development team and in game over the last 6-9 months you as developers and executives have not fixed this issue. It has meant that I am unable to play with a number of my friends and it’s caused me quite a bit of anguish. So please, I beg you, just make cross faction mythic available from week one. There is no good reason not to.

(Note that my main is EU and that’s why I’m making this post as a level 11 character.)

10 Likes