Cross-Realm Guilds with The War Within

I’m surprised this wasn’t already posted here with how many threads have been made about merging WRA and MG servers. But very last notes from the deep dive panel were Cross-Realm Guilds with the launch of The War Within.

I am very excited about this as a cross-faction guild, we found it challenging to find a horde that fit our guild’s style. I also see this really opening up a lot more stories, events, and some major personality shifts in traditional “projects”.

Any other’s excited about this new chapter of playing how we want with who we want?

10 Likes

Being able to cross servers with guilds is a salvation. I can finally keep my horde characters on wra but still do stuff with mg alliance. Thank god.

5 Likes

As a player? I love this. I think this is a good way for people to stick together. It makes things easier to socialize and be with your friends.

As a roleplay? I’m interested to see how this goes. MG and WRA do each have distinctive communities, I wonder how much this will “blur the lines” and such. But I think it could be great, especially for neutral guilds.

3 Likes

Finally, I will be able to link 40-odd alts over half a dozen servers…

2 Likes

Death to the “destinctive community.” Egos build from servers two clicks away. Nonsense I say. Unite the communities once and for all so none will be limited any longer.

2 Likes

Oh I’m not saying I’m against it, trust me. The communities on each server have virtually the same groups. I’m talking about the head aches of tang drama starting, etc

1 Like

Burn it all down drain Orgrimmar uhhh anarchy good.

1 Like

I suspect a lot of drama. There could be massive power shifts in the communities from prominent personalities. But I think, in the end, giving those that RP differently and don’t want to be boxed in by certain communities, this will really help.

1 Like

I think this isnt a thing much at least for Horde and Alliance since rp on Horde on MG is guild exclusive as is Alliance on WRA. I think this gives Horde guilds a good opprotunity and Alliance guilds as well.

Especially since for server events you see people from both servers a lot of the time.

1 Like

I think there shouldn’t be prominent personalities and I hope this rocks the boat SO hard.

7 Likes

Best case scenario we all see this as great potential and be able to do so much more with each other. One less barrier to make some interesting experiences.

2 Likes

Thats not very centrist of you, comrade.

1 Like

Lies down and begins rolling around in the dirt finally stopping and flopping over on his back. He closes his eyes and starts humming. Then, slowly spreading his arms and legs he methodically begins to make dust angels. After several minutes he finally stops. His eyes flick open.

“Earth Mother say this only good if all peoples of Azeroth get to sit in chairs.”

1 Like

No chairs for you. The doo-dads are too complicated.

1 Like

Goblin researchers have been trying in vain to duplicate Alliance chair technologies for years.

If they can’t manage it, who possibly could?

1 Like

Gets up and shakes the dust off his large frame. He reaches over to his pack and rummages around for a bit finally producing a single, dried red berry.

“These not easy to get. Have many uses though.”

He pops the berry into his mouth and chews 12 times. No less, no more, then spits the juices into the dust angel he left. Plucking a feather from his companion owl’s plumage he looks at the bird.

“Sorry friend. This important but you grow new feather.”

He sweeps the owl feather several times in the berry juice, mixing it into the dirt and pauses. After staring intently at the mixture for several minutes he finally looks up.

“Earth Mother confirm no horde capable of making chairs. Guess that mean there never be peace until Alliance lift ban on sharing chair technology with Horde.”

He stomps out the dirt angel then picks up his pack placing it on his shoulder and grabs his spear. As he turns to walk away he flashes an evil grin back at the Alliance delegation. Snorting in defiance, his final words hang ominously in the air.

“Alliance need to sleep with one eye open.”

2 Likes

“Come to me you unwashed masses! But uh…please shower first.”

5 Likes

You’re right, cowpoke. Ride with me and I’m your huckleberry.

2 Likes

Aye! That’d be fenberry ya overgrown moose!

Lemme show ya how it’s done.

*The dwarf draws a hand along his beard and wipes all emotion from his face then looks up at the Tauren. With a steely look he speaks.”

“I’m yer fenberry.”

Alviss flashes a wicked grin as he reaches over his left shoulder and grasps the heavy oaken staff slung on his back.

“Any questions?”

:beers:

I’m new enough to MG that I actually don’t know what that meant. Like, are there cliques that bully others or just folks that have very public personas (like street vendors who RP loudly advertising a service or booth)?

1 Like