CROSS-OVERS PERHAPS| Please no

From the survey it seems suggested they’re thinking about real-world holidays and promotional crossover events.
What’s special about world of warcraft is world of warcraft! For goodness sake, at least Plunderstorm is still Fortnite with a World of Warcraft Skin! This… JUST GIVE US good patches! You’ve already have us paying more for your expansions, paying monthly as well.
Goodness, you even made fortnite in WOW! And people love it (Not me)! Come on, at least pretend you care for the game world you’ve been running for nearly two decades.

Oh, this makes no sense, does it? This is a company, they’ll do whatever they wish to make money. I’m beating a dead horse here.

6 Likes

I definitely put VERY uninterested in these things. I honestly hope they make their way into wow because

Nailed it. I don’t want fortnite kind of cross over crap in wow.

6 Likes

Where is this survey and is it too late to fill it out?

Yeah, I don’t like the idea of having non-Warcraft characters crossing over into World of Warcraft; not even from Blizzard’s other franchises. Game and franchise identities are starting to be erased due to all these cross-over stuff. It would feel bizarre if a Fiat car was suddenly a mount in World of Warcraft due to a promotion…

Battle.net launcher.

I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Fortnite crossover whe-

Oh wait.

1 Like

I definitely agree with you on this one.

Though, not in game but do you remember the FOUR WHEELS OF FURY?

3 Likes

Night elf mohawk vibes. Would love to see that again lol

Mt dew game fuel too.

3 Likes

Man I saw that on the survey and just cringed so frigging hard. They just want to turn every game into Warzone now. (and Warzone is doing the crossover stuff like mad, they just added Cheech and Chong…)

2 Likes

No. I remember the Azeroth Choppers in Mists of Pandaria/Warlords off Draenor, but those were new motorcycles designed for Warcraft at least.

Overwatch has been going crazy with that stuff too.

1 Like

Oooh yeah i have my dreadwheel. That event was cool.

They’ve been doing a lot of cross over events in OW2 but they have been on their cash shop mostly. And very expensive.

So I put not interested on that part of the survey.

1 Like

Yeah fair, I forgot they did One Punch Man, etc etc but let’s be honest, it fits more thematically in that setting and genre.

Overwatch takes place on Earth in real world places, and anime exists in that universe, it is likely even that the characters have seen OPM and Bebop… Genji and Hanzo are Japanese, the K-pop makes sense–Di’va is South Korean–etc etc

MS poking it’s head in. Bean counters are trying to come up with more ways to sell cosmetics. They already know a battlepass on events will work.

I promise you this stuff is AB they don’t need Microsoft’s influence to do this. I’m sure it makes them happy but I doubt they care at all or even understand.

I disagree. Why are the heroes that are trying to stop an AI takeover cosplaying as anime characters?

Why is a talking Gorilla from the Moon with a 300 IQ shooting a laser gun in a residential neighborhood in Nepal?

2 Likes

That’s explained in the game; why Doomfist is suddenly Saitama is not.

He probably likes anime.

I like anime but I’m not out fighting wars dressed up as my favorite character.