Cross-Faction transfers?

Really wish they allowed cross-faction transfers. I already rerolled from Horde to Alliance, but I’d love to bring my Horde toon over to my new server.

This might also help alleviate some of the PVP queue issues. Thoughts?

2 Likes

only on PVE realms. cant level with safemode on and go to the hardcore mode at levelcap.

1 Like

This has been discussed quite a lot in other threads. The main issues that seem to be working against it are:

• It wasn’t a thing in Vanilla
  • How to deal with Shaman/Paladins?
  • Would it make a difference anyway?

Doesnt matter anymore

You cant change

Maybe

Well, it really does, but that’s not worth arguing about. There would be a question as to whether implementing something like this for Classic would be relatively trivial, since much of the logic may already exist in Retail, or whether it would be a major feature requiring significant resources to develop.

I don’t see a bad reason why horde to alliance transfers (only) can’t be implemented temporarily. Maybe for a fortnight or so as a trial to gauge how many players transfer across.
Got group of friends and one is a shaman? Oh well they can’t transfer. It would be simply to see how much interest it has.
If a server horde to alliance ratio goes from 70/30 to 67/33 then at least it did SOMETHING. Even if it didn’t make a drastic difference, so what? It’s still a difference and will make a number of players more happy.
Either way, i highly doubt it will happen.

The forums would have a field day.

It’s a field day here right now. It’s basically been a field 2 months.

1 Like

Yeah with all the AV whinning. People will complain about anything really

1 Like

I deleted my 60 alliance character due to too much arrogant, “top of the line”, type of players alliance side. Rolled here, as Horde for the first time, and I don’t regret a single bit of it. That geared pally will stay deleted.

1 Like

You can reroll. For free.

I understand this logic, but ultimately whether it took you a bit longer to level or not doesn’t matter, and in the long run you need to let players move around to balance the population. If it gets too tilted people get frustrated and quit, then you wind up dead servers and eventually a dead game.

It’s not like back in the day where the game was still growing and the population could potentially balance itself with new players coming in. Classic’s population has already peaked, and most people will sooner quit than re-roll from a character they’ve spent hundreds or thousands of hours on.

I don’t want any significant changes to gameplay mechanics and so forth, but in regards to indirect/backend things #Nochanges is moot since there are already huge changes in classic.

1 Like

Hmm, perhaps it would be ok with some sort of rollback. Maybe 10 levels and a limit on how much gold/items you can bring.

They tried this in retail. The answer is it didn’t work

There it is.

Do I think Blizz has made mistakes with Classic? Oh yea.
However, there is no action they could take (or refrain from taking) that wouldn’t cause the forums to erupt in whinging.

1 Like

Sure.

But allow me to transfer my characters to retail.

So i can cut the middle man already. :upside_down_face:

This would probably be the biggest mistake they could make with classic.

Wed be overrun with transmog fanboys and hunters and priests after the class specific items so fast…

You are literally promoting something that was never a thing in Vanilla that is a thing on Retail.

Is there any reason to believe your post is not trolling?

I’m happy to know sarcasm is a foreign concept around here

I’m absolutely serious. I’d love to be able to transfer my horde priest to an alliance server I rerolled on.

2 Likes