Cricket Wireless Number (AT&T) rejected by Blizzard-Authenticator service

I tried to add my phone number to my battle.net account and it keeps returning the error

“Please enter a post-paid phone number”

After escalating this issue to the support, i am told if it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work.
That’s slightly unacceptable.

Escalate this issue to your blizzard-authenticator team and have them add the cricket wireless service to your system.
Cricket-wireless is literally the same as AT&T they use the same towers, network, and relays.

You can add Email to sms simply by applying

txt .att .net or (mobile-number)@txt .att. net

to a list that is responsible for sending out sms via email. Everyone else uses pretty much this method to send customers an SMS.

It should be such a minor issue and it’s crazy to believe a multi-billion dollar is unable to come up with a solution. This issue locks hundreds of thousands, if not millions of players, out of a simple feature that works on 99.9% of other services which including Steam Guard. Steam Guard has no problem accepting Cricket Wireless Numbers.

It works for some people i wonder why it can’t be implemented, what works for them to have it work for everyone.

It works for this person.

This should be a simple fix. If i have to send someone specific an email about this issue or file a fcc complaint i will. Just point in the direction.

Thanks
-Raja

3 Likes

and

2 Likes

Another thing to keep in mind is I don’t believe the SMS messages come from Blizzard directly. Most companies use a third-party SMS provider when sending messages, and those providers may have policies and restrictions that prevent the use of a number flagged as pre-paid.

Just because it works with Steam doesn’t mean it’ll work everywhere.

2 Likes

Then contact your phone service provider and ask them to submit your number to the FCC as not being a pre-paid number. The FCC are the ones who set such regulations, and Blizzard has to follow those regulations.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.