Crests in Season 4

Players can now earn up to 120 crests of each type per week in Dragonflight Season 4. This was a maximum of 90 per week in Season 3. The increase will allow for up to 8 upgrades per week, per crest type.

For players who don’t reach their maximum crest earnings in a given week, we’ve implemented the increasing-seasonal-cap system from previous seasons.

Please note that this increase is likely applicable to Season 4 only. We expect the weekly maximum to return to 90 for The War Within Season One.

8 Likes

Why cap it in season 4? Just uncap it since its a “recycled season”.

56 Likes

The season will more than likley be dead in less than a month with mop remix, why not just not be capped in the first place

31 Likes

If that long lol.

I logged on to get my weekly quest and it’s three of the miserable “events” for the weekly chest. Not one but all three. What fun (not really).

:cookie:

20 Likes

You tease me sir with your charm, oh stop it!

Ive been subbed the whole expansion and i have no idea what these things do.

3 Likes

Upgrades the ilvl of your gear. Go to the training dummy room in valdrakken, and an npc in the back will upgrade your gear and show you crest/flightstones needed.

1 Like

Oh, ok so not super relevant for PVPers then?

1 Like

I only pve so im not sure but I think pvp gear can be upgraded as well.

you can upgrade the pve ilvl of your gear if you do anything outside of pvp

1 Like

there should be no cap on conquest imo. it’s end of the expansion so let us have some fun with mains and alts. it’s not like pvp gear is any good in pve anyways.

You haven’t upgraded any gear this season?

1 Like

With flightstones i have

1 Like

No new raid, fun season, crest caps shouldn’t exist. This is a really bad choice.

10 Likes

Lately crests haven’t been my problem, but flight stones.

They need a huge buff everywhere in all content.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

7 Likes

I had the same reaction upon logging in.  Nope, I ain’t doing that crud on my main (let alone my profession alts).

Why in the world is the idea behind having a fun “last hurrah” needing to do multiple time-scripted events for it, when it was never the case in all the past iterations for the main weekly quest?  That is completely backwards.

Edit: I complained about this in my guild BNet channel, and an ever-quippy guild member had this to say:

they’ve been taking notes from the hs team on how to lower player engagement

context: hs team recently tripled requirements on weekly quests and are in damage control for last week.

4 Likes

Are we going to get gold for all the unused crests and flightstones collected in Season 3?

3 Likes

How kind of you to announce this after the season’s live.

5 Likes

He wrote return to 90 but don’t hold it against him if it’s even lower for TWW.

Seems like Blizz is actively trying to discourage people from playing season 4. You guys learned the wrong lessons from SL season 4.

6 Likes