Crest are now currencies in the new patch

4 Likes

That currencies list is about to be two pages. Sad!

3 Likes

i am more happy for fragments also no longer exist
ill be getting some bank space back lol

5 Likes

Way overdue update.

5 Likes

Nice, blizzard remembered we have a currency tab specifically for currency not to clutter our bags

14 Likes

Now they just need to remember we had tabards we’d wear that’d grant us rep from doing dungeons.

Would love to grind out the remaining renown, just without having to do World Quests.

6 Likes

The currency tab needs tabs.

3 Likes

i mean, I’m with you, but they very specifically did not like us doing that.

It’s really weird to me that Blizzard would discourage group content to promote world content.

But it’s not really about that; it’s that they don’t want reputation to be infinitely farmable without a timegate, because then they have to either have no rewards or they know we’re going to infinitely farm it so we can have all the rewards and then complain there’s nothing to do.

Perhaps the real problem is they just can’t figure out how to institute a weekly reputation cap because they can’t figure out how to make a quest you can only turn in five times per week for reputation that requires an item that’s Unique(5) that drops at the end of dungeons…

Oh, wait.

3 Likes

What a mess.

1 Like

an interface in dire need to be updated for this century, ironically

1 Like

It reminds me of how people complained about Shadowlands having way too many currencies. Dragonflight fixed that by filling up your bags instead :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’d q.q more about it but I can’t think of a better system. That’s their job!

Yeah I’d rather too many currencies than too much bag clutter. That said, it would be kinda nice if Blizz could organise things a little better and neater, and not have like 20 currencies, most of which are obtained through the same 10 activities, every expansion.

3 Likes

Being able to finally trade our crests in for higher-level ones is another good change coming in 10.2.

I think the exchange rate was 6:1 but even that’s great compared to just staring at bazillion crests you literally have no use for.

2 Likes

Sounds like fragments got renamed to crests, and whole crests are disappearing. We were told we’d be capped at 90 fragments / 6 crests in S3 versus the 150 fragments / 10 crests in S2. So if we’re getting 12 crests per timed dungeon, we cap out on crests for the week before the 8th successful run?

I suspect these numbers are going to change. Currency tab change is nice QoL tho.

are they account wide currencies though is the question as it feels like flightstones are but crests weren’t

Bound to happen at some point with the game being this old. I don’t see it as a problem.

The fact that it took this long before they realized that maybe bag cluttering was not good idea is slightly worrying

Better late than never I do suppose.

But my guess is it’s moving to currencies so they can add a new bag clutter next patch.

2 Likes

Time for any currency older than BFA to be retired and the associated items be available for gold.

There. I fixed it.

1 Like