CRBG compromise: ☢

it will never be “necessary”. if bg queues don’t pop, that’s not blizz’s problem to solve.

if bgs on a realm are dead, the community will just need to invest in that aspect of the game and solve the problem.

any crbg implementation at all destroys the reason to build a vibrant community, as you no longer NEED to invest, you just go with whatever patch mechanic blizz comes up with.

part-time crbgs are probably worse than just doing a full crbg implementation: destroyed pvp community and bgs only pop part of the time.

3 Likes

Only if Blizzard finds a way to prevent most of the servers to be dead after a month. All the retail tourists and casuals will quit in the first weeks, and full servers will suddenly be empty. Not to mention that on any server with an (too) uneven faction balance it will be hell.

Well CRBG was in vanilla, so are you saying you WANT changes?

Cross realm BG’s were in vanilla.

2 Likes

/shrug with the modern queuing system it should be possible for them to make it so the system tries to match same realm first and if that’s not available say within 5 minutes it goes cross realm.

I wasn’t arguing that it wasn’t in Vanilla. I’m saying they’re having a lean realmlist.

Cross-Realms were the introduction of Battlegroups. Battlegroups are around 15 realms. They could have all the realms linked. So it would look like this:

North American Battlegroup:
US Classic 1
US Classic 2
Us Classic 3
Us Classic 4
US Classic 5
Us Classic 6
Us Classic 7
Us Classic 8
Us Classic 9
Us Classic 10
Latin American 1
Latin American 2
Brazil 1
Brazil 2
Oceanic 1
Oceanic 2

That’s 16 realms in the North American realm block.

How Cross-Realms were introduced in the final patch. Ion said phases would represent the patches. So phase 1 is patch 1.1-1.2. Then it would move on. So maybe Cross-Realms for phase 6.

good job not taking 10 seconds to think about if this is relevant for a feature that was both in and not in vanilla

3 Likes

Hah, people will use “casual” in so many creative ways.

bfa is that way ->

lack of instant queues is a not a bug, it’s a feature

2 Likes

Here’s my compromise: no changes. They’re using 1.12, so you get 1.12.

1 Like

Whelp too bad blizzard disagrees and added CRBG’s in vanilla.

So, CRBG’s all the way, #nochange

1 Like

I think that cross-realm bgs is not that big of deal among the classic servers. If you think about it we are mostly all on the same page of desiring to return to an azeroth that overall makes sense to us again.

nah ur wrong

2 Likes

They were also absent from vanilla for the vast majority of vanilla.

Are you saying that you WANT changes?

2 Likes

1.12 as is, #nochange

1 Like

Uhhh, 1.12 didn’t have 6 phases did it? I forget.

CRBG or no-CRBG are both legit Vanilla.

2 Likes

They’re time gating content not changing any of it, so 1.12 #nochange

2 Likes

wow, thread derailed by someone being both pedantic and wrong

never thought i’d see that on the ol’ blizzard community forums

2 Likes

Still intentionally trying to redefine the no change position, I see. That is almost funny coming from one of the biggest non vanilla change advocating trolls.

You are consistent with your continuing to oppose almost everything those desiring a truer classic experience want and advocating almost everything they do not want. It’s almost as if you can’t stand to see them get what the they want. Could that be because you did not get what you want when Blizzard announced they would be releasing Classic?

1 Like

30 mins is too long, not just for classic wow but any game

1 Like