CRBG compromise: ☢

I think it’s because a majority of the playerbase are going to be working adults with families who only play a few hours a night. So if they play 4 hours a night, those 30 minute queues will lesser their desire to PVP as a whole.

You may be able to play longer than that, but most won’t. Most people are returning players who have responsibilities outside of WoW.

nah, i don’t have a ton of time, but i still would rather run out of time and get no bgs in at all than just be thrown in with a bunch of retail-mentality honor farmers getting instant queues

5 Likes

Hate to break it to you, but there are going to be honor farmers even with your 30 minute queue. They’re going to try and win the quickest and then jump back in queue.

Blizz has already decided. crBG’s are in. Everything is at it’s patch 1.12 state. The end.

1 Like

thanks for smarmsplaining, there’s a pretty big difference between what i actually said and what you think i said though

wow yeah, totally conclusive language there chief

1 Like

Blizzard will start without it and if Queues become a problem then they will add it back in. It would be nice if they could have it kick in on e the time got too long, but i suspect it will be all or nothing.

The thing to remember is that cross realm was added because Queue times were growing so large on some realms that the content wasn’t even useable. I know it got to a point on my server that you were often looking at 1+ hour queues for AV. In that situation it becomes very hard to geind out rep or to get the quests done.

Blizzard agrees with players that cross realm changes things, but they also understand that BG’s that rarely pop in a normal play session is just as bad.

If you want to keep them out the PvP community needs to do its best to keep servers balanced and it needs to make sure we don’t run into boycott situations like what has happened in the past.

1 Like

See you in classic cross battle grounds friend!

I would say the opposite actually. CRBGs for all but last brackets of wsg and ab, no CRBG whatsoever for AV.

how about AI deathmatch for people who can’t sit in a queue

2 Likes

WSG and AB never really needed, if its added it will be because they can not get AV to pop because of the number of players it requires.

WSG and AB are however spread throughout a slew of level brackets as opposed to one with AV. I absolutely GUARANTEE that twinks alone would serve up an avalanche of tears should there be no CRBGs for WSG/AB.

AV popped in vanilla, it likely had at least game running most hours of the day. Players just didn’t want to wait for a spot in the BG to open, while enjoying being on the side of the factions that was bloated.

I was on MalGanis during vanilla (horde side) and it was rare that an AV was not up.

Out of whack faction ratios were likely the main contributor to long queue times, and only for the larger faction. They need to cure the disease rather than to slap a bandaid on the symptom.

1 Like

I was on Shattered Hand, the faction balance was about as close as you were going to get, 52-53% Alliance. Before they added it we were getting 1 hr to 1hr 30 min queues on the Alliance side while never having an issue getting WSG or AB to pop in any level bracket.

If it is added it will be because AV won’t pop on the bulk of servers.

I am willing to bet it popped, but that the server population did not facilitate multiple instances of the BG. Again, on MG most of the time waiting was because people were in an active BG and you had to wait for a spot to open.

AV queue does not mean an AV is not in progress.

ohhh whats this about nochanges? I’ve never done vanilla but I’d like my first experience of it authentic. No cross realms please, thank you!

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter if there is a game running or not if players are waiting over an hour to get in. I played a tremendous amount of time in Vanilla and there would be nights I would be lucky to even see one pop. People could care less if someone else is playing if they don’t have the opportunity to play themselves within a reasonable amount of time.

Please no, I want the sense of server community back. BGs are part of that.

1 Like

It does certainly sound like their plan is to have include CRBGs. Though I suppose they still have time to make yet another Blue saying they are using 1.12.

We had battlegroups back in vanilla which were the precursor to the current CRBG so I don’t really see an issue. Having single realm on realm BG’s died in 1.12

Battlegroups = CRBG

Stop calling it Cross realm queues for bg.
There is a big difference between battlegroup and cross realm bg and its not the same.

2 Likes