Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

Mac OS Version: 10.15.2
System: Macbook air 13" 2015 intel core i5
Symptom: Game will freeze in halls of origin during light puzzle to activate lift. Can’t even get passed without the game completely stopping and forcing me to hard reset, no error codes just complete lock up of screen. Haven’t even been close to being able to finish the quest and then have to start over. Have done this 4 times already. Never had this problem in previous patches, just started when 8.3 was released.

1 Like

ame here. I’m on a 2015 Macbook Pro, and since the update, I keep crashing. I can usually do quests but anytime I’m in a raid or battleground, my computer freezes up, and I get the spinning wheel. Twice it completely crashed my entire computer. Graphics are on their lowest setting :frowning: game played perfectly fine pre-patch

3 Likes

Mac OS version: Catalina 10.15.2
System model: MacBook Pro 13” 2019 1.4GHz quad core i5 8GB ram Intel iris plus graphics 645 1536mb
Symptoms: Game is intermittently freezing for periods of 15-20 seconds every few minutes in all forms of content, even in the old world. Confirmed to be happening in: island expeditions, horrific visions, dungeons, raids, the open world while world question in zandalar, old world zones such as durotan and cities like orgrimmar. There is no apparent cause for the persistent freezes, but they seem to occur slightly more frequently in crowded areas. I have never experienced this issue before until the patch went live and the game is unplayable in its current state.

Mac OS: Catalina 10.15.2
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor: 2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
Symptoms: Freezing for 5-10 seconds consistently through out game play sometimes recovering other times freezing permanently with rainbow wheel and not recovering forcing me to force restart my MacBook.

1 Like

I know the majority of users affected by this issue appears to be Mac users however, I am experiencing similar issues of extreme lag/stuttering/immovable characters on my Windows PC. I have tried /reload, restarting wow, restarting battle.net, restarting my PC and my router/modem all to no improvement.

3 Likes

MacBook Pro: (13-inch, 2017)
MacOS: 10.14.6 (yes am on mohave, when I tried to goto catalina all my peripherals stopped working)
Processor: 2.3 ghz Intel core i5
Memory: 8gb 2133 mhz lpddr3
Graphics: Intel Iris plus 640 1536

I have the same issues mentioned above - first I thought it was specific to uldam/vale, but just now got a hard lock when working on the mechagnome quest line in mechagon.
there seems to be no rhyme or reason…I can be flying from one point to the next, fighting a mob (or group of them) or just opening the map n boralus. I’ll get the spinning beach ball for 5-10s, or a hard lock (which is more rare). I’ve not tried any group content, only been working on the new content quest lines. Mahalo

{edit} this happens with or without addons running/installed. Graphics setting are all minimal or disabled.

{edit 2} just happened on my hordie…flew up to earthshrine for next step in the vulp quest line. first I got spinning beach ball then hard lock and had to reboot.

2 Likes

MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2016
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB
MacOS: Mojave 10.14.1

Symptom: Game randomly freezes for between five and thirty seconds. It’s happened in and out of combat but mostly while in combat. My computer has crashed twice so far because of it.

Some places seem to be worse than others; for horrific visions, it’s between two and three times a minute. As others mentioned, this is the first time this ever happens. I’ve tried turning my graphics and resolution scale to the lowest, but the game keeps freezing.

2 Likes

Please fix this, it makes the game unplayable.

MacBook Pro 13 inch 2015
Mojave 10.14.6

First happened in halls of origination light puzzle quest, happened every time after 5-10 seconds until I lowered graphics and resolution then happened maybe once every 1-3 minutes. Once I got back to Uldum, it now happens pretty much only during combat and pretty much at every single rare I fight with crowded people. So it does seem to be a graphics thing I guess?

6 Likes

Most of the time it’s just a screen freeze for a little bit but twice now its totally hard crashed the Mac

Mac OS Version: Catalina 10.15.2
System model: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Symptom: The screen freezing when I’m in game in. Typically during more specific moments of the game, i.e. doing the missions with Magni, on the Maelstrom, instances, crowded areas. But this screen freezing can happen anywhere at any moment. The rainbow wheel mouse icon appears and the game freezes. After 5-10 seconds, the game unfreezes. These freezing episodes can happen up to every minute or so in instances, making the game impossible to play. One time, in a particularly chaotic environment, the entire computer automatically shut down after the aforementioned screen freeze.

Also,I tried changing every graphics setting is set to extremely low. I’ve tried changing the graphics several times and that doesn’t seem to change anything. The freezing and crashing still happens at its normal rate.

The crash didn’t get any sort of error code. My mac just said that “the computer shut down because of a problem”. I ran a diagnostics test on my Mac and it found no issues. When I restarted, WoW popped back up and stated it shut down improperly, but I don’t remember any sort of error code.

I tryed clean the cache, wtf, also delete every addons i used to, but it didn’t works. Also I reinstall the game and the same problem persists. I couldn’t play at all, and I appreciate that you could fix it, please.

5 Likes

Preferably before the new raid tier drops yikes

2 Likes

Same lag/freeze issue on my 2017 iMac, game basically unplayable:
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017 - 3.8GHz Intel Core i5 w/8 GB RAM
Graphics Radeon Pro 580 8GB VRAM
High Sierra 10.13.6

Was working perfectly before Tuesday’s patch. Now it’s practically unplayable due to long lag spikes, stutters, and system freezes.

Freeze looks like graphics driver is locking up the screen, can’t even force-quit the game client so it requires power cycling the iMac.
No error messages. Nada.

2 Likes

Yes!!! This says perfectly what I’m experiencing too! Thank you.

1 Like

Blizzard… do somethin’ :frowning:

They just posted that they know there are issues with Hearthstone and are working on it, but have not once said they are working on this issue. A small, “we are working on it” would go a long way right now.

5 Likes

I too have the same issues as described. 2015 MacBook Pro on 10.14. Game UI looks really fuzzy, game freezes my laptop when trying to do magni quest in the forge when I get to stage 6.

1 Like

Me too, crash it when i get to stage 6.

1 Like

I dared to attempt a horrific vision and froze right when I was supposed to pop a sanity orb, yay for being perma behind now

1 Like

Having the same issue had to bench myself for Azshara prog last night and will have to do so again if issue goes unresolved. Also lost a cloak upgrade out of crashing in a vision. Feels Bad Man.

3 Likes

Had same issue in same game location. Doing some VERY light troubleshooting, it seems to be eating all available RAM when it is processing a lot of graphics and movement. (I have 16gb on my MBP and it was topped out)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor Name:	Dual-Core Intel Core i7
  Processor Speed:	3.1 GHz
  Number of Processors:	1
  Total Number of Cores:	2
  L2 Cache (per Core):	256 KB
  L3 Cache:	4 MB
  Hyper-Threading Technology:	Enabled
  Memory:	16 GB
  Boot ROM Version:	188.0.0.0.0
  SMC Version (system):	2.28f7

Intel Iris Graphics 6100:

Chipset Model:	Intel Iris Graphics 6100
  Type:	GPU
  Bus:	Built-In
  VRAM (Dynamic, Max):	1536 MB
  Vendor:	Intel
  Device ID:	0x162b
  Revision ID:	0x0009
  Metal:	Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v4
  Displays:
SAMSUNG:
  Resolution:	1920 x 1080 (1080p FHD - Full High Definition)
  UI Looks like:	1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
  Framebuffer Depth:	24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Rotation:	Supported
  Automatically Adjust Brightness:	No
1 Like