Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

Seems like the logical solution, right?

They sorta tried it then realized it wasn’t working then updated the game again

1 Like

I reduced all graphics to 1 and turned my 3D resolution to 60%; you can see the pixels forming the textures of objects. I open my quest log and freeze. I get solarbeamed I freeze. I get iris beamed… forget it the computer could cook and egg better then play wow

5 Likes

@Tiapriestess, yes, you’re correct. I have both Bitdefender and Malwarebytes loaded on my system. I disable both when I play WoW. I’ve thought of that. I do not use the VPN functionality. WoW and Battle Net launcher are whitelisted in both. Ty

Also, I’m well aware I have an AMD GPU, as it states in the first paragraph of my post. I’ve posted here, knowing that I have said AMD GPU, trying to shed some light on the fact that I’m experiencing the exact same issue as those with Intel GPU’s. I’ve gone to great lengths to remedy my situation and the only conclusion I’ve come to, is that I’m affected by the latest patch, just the same. Regardless of the GPU.

As I stated, I’ve had no trouble up until this point.

Thanks for your suggestions. Much appreciated.

I had to try 4 times to get bootcamp and windows to boot right. Error. Merge the drives. Start again. Error. Couldn’t download drivers. Merge the drives and start again. Finally got it to work last night…

Sub cancelled. We’ve put up with this for coming up a month, no fix in sight, absolutely farcical levels of ‘updates’ and/or ‘support’. This whole experience has been like a ‘How To’ in how to piss off an incredibly loyal fanbase and lose subs.

I sure hope your shareholders/Activision overlords are happy for you to keep pushing sub-standard products in time for quarterly deadlines, and continue culling your staff from testing/QA/support. It’s a false economy and I hope it bites you massively in the backside.

GG Blizzard.

11 Likes

Mac OS Version: 10.15.3
System Model: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015). 2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 processor; GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Memory
All settings are set to the lowest, all addons + managers have been uninstalled and deleted. Followed all other Troubleshooting advice.

Symptom: Very similar/identical to the other posts.

• Often occurs when exposed to a lot of “action” (BGs/Dungeons/Raids, group quests, solo questing with large pulls) but can occur anywhere/anytime
    – Examples: Solar Collector event in Uldum (just standing nearby); Purchasing from WoD Timewalking Vendor; fighting Vuk’laz the Earthbreaker in Uldum; anytime I use Starfall on my druid; Halls of Origination stage 6; many many others
  • Can last a few seconds or a few minutes, resulting in a shutdown or hardboot
  • Often affects the entire computer (can’t switch apps, adjust volume, etc.)
  • Sound/music continues
  • Happens with any window resolution (fullscreen or windowed mode, made to the smallest game-screen option)
  • Super frustrating and makes the game feel unplayable + unenjoyable.

Haven’t received any error codes.

Please keep us updated!!

Thanks for your work, hopefully this can get addressed soon!

1 Like

SO I sent in another ticket and they told me to reset my UI. Sweet, that must work. Who knew that this issue that has kept Mac users from playing the game could be fixed by doing a simple full reset. Yay!! Good job. So glad I’ve been sending them crash reports everyday since the 14th and when I talk to them about it they act like it’s the first time they have heard of this issue. Great service from a great game. They are still selling the game with a Mac client download too, so they are making money off a broken game. Great job.

6 Likes

A uI rEsEt?!?!?! HoW cOmE nOnE oF uS tHoUgHt Of DoInG tHaT!

2 Likes

Plesae for the love of god fix this!
I used to at least be able to do WQ… I’ve tried to turn in order of embers and it’s locked on me three times!
I demand the bewitched tea set I’ve been going for… for my troubles… LOL
Just kidding…
sort of…
Man I want that tea set… :frowning: But moreover… I just want my game back!

Tonight is my guild runs and I’m the only one not invited… They all know I can’t right now and I’m really feeling left out.
They all went time walking without me too
/sigh

3 Likes

Blizzard, this is from your own website, on a job offering for QA staff:

“The concept of ‘Blizzard polish’—the extreme care and loving detail put into every aspect of the games we make—is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company, and its heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment Quality Assurance (QA).“

This entire debacle couldn’t be more diametrically opposed to those ‘values’. You knew about this issue from the PTR. You knew about it from a much larger group of voices very early after the 8.3 drop. You refused to acknowledge it as a major issue, and still have no fix nor an ETA for one.

How do you reconcile the above wording with the current situation?

18 Likes

Tonight has been the worst yet, as I can now no longer log on without problems from the start. Tonight as I attempted to log in to the player I’m writing as, I noticed my screen do the twitchy thing it does right before a freeze or shutdown. Instead of proceeding into the game, I decided to take a quick video on my phone, and when I stopped to back out and restart, thinking it may just need restarted, I noticed it got worse on the log-in screen, so I took yet another video. Doesn’t do it anywhere else on my computer, just when I’m trying to play World of Warcraft; if fact tested it by going into different folders, apps, and even played movies on my computer and not one glitch, freeze, or problem.

I just thought you should know it’s gotten worse for me as your customer. I wish I would never allowed an update. Here we are though, at your mercy. I’ve gotten better communication and updates during a communication black out caused by a Cat 5 Hurricane wiping out all landline, electric, cell towers, and internet capabilities than what I’m getting from y’all.

I truly hope you check-in on here soon Blizzard, because if you don’t, I think you can expect a big stock fall.

So we’re going on four weeks soon, four weeks…

9 Likes

I tried various methods, but failed after all.
So I created a High Sierra volume and installed WoW.
That’s very good.

Every time needs restart, but it is not playable on Catalina and requires many Hard Resets …
I don’t care anymore hehe.

1 Like

all the same with my iMac 2016

yep
all the same with my iMac 2016

Yeah just unsubscribed. No point in paying for a game that I can not play. Really done with the whole freeze and then find yourself dead situation. Whelp it’s been fun. Really regretting pre-purchasing shadowlands.

1 Like

came back to see if there was an updated blue post…

now I’m just another angry (non)player.

pretty please Bliz, can we have our game back? Loved it for years, and I look forward to sitting at the bar reminiscing with my guild mates “remember that time back in 2020 when we couldn’t play for a month cuz blizz blew it with an intel on mac issue, yeah that was nutz!”

4 Likes

Like so many of you, I’ve invested years in this game and hate to be shut out. I also found this response to a ticket I opened to be hollow and unsatisfying:

In addition, I definitely understand not wanting to buy more game time while this is ongoing. I recommend waiting until we receive an update before purchasing more. And because this is a game-wide issue, there is not going to be compensation on an individual basis. In these situations, any form of compensation for server issues would be on a game-wide level.

It may be time for me to just move on…

7 Likes

Seriously the worst. HOW is this not fixed yet?

5 Likes